Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Percentage

Reaction score
I am noticing my battery indicator shows 100%.
However on opening up battery tab in app to check voltage it is not 100%.
Batt in question has 44 flights.
Anyone else have same or a heads up?
All batts with latest firmware. Using latest dji go app.

I am noticing my battery indicator shows 100%.
However on opening up battery tab in app to check voltage it is not 100%.
Batt in question has 44 flights.
Anyone else have same or a heads up?
All batts with latest firmware. Using latest dji go app.
When you open the battery dialog the percentage displayed is Battery Life remaining not the Battery Charge. The latter is only visible on the top line even if the colours make it unreadable. You can expect to lose 1% off your battery life every 4-5 charges.

Yes.

I am getting initially 100% open up battery dialog box its showing slightly below.

However when flying I am getting a lower percentage along top of control interface and when opening up dialog box it is showing a higher percentage. The exact opposite I would expect when the a/c is operating underload.

Any ideas?

Oh -using mixture of TB 47/48 on Inspire Pro.

Bug in app?

Yes.

I am getting initially 100% open up battery dialog box its showing slightly below.

However when flying I am getting a lower percentage along top of control interface and when opening up dialog box it is showing a higher percentage. The exact opposite I would expect when the a/c is operating underload.

Any ideas?

Oh -using mixture of TB 47/48 on Inspire Pro.

Bug in app?
I am not sure I am understanding your post correctly.......
Are you confusing Battery Life percentage with state of charge?
Also, don't forget that on the battery screen the voltage is rounded to two decimal places.

In the camera view along the top bar battery shows 100%.

Opening up battery tab shows voltage and a slightly lower %. As per normal and to be expected.

However when flying my % along top of camera view is not the same as the % shown when I periodically open battery tab to check on voltage.

The % is higher in the battery dialog box than what appears along top of camera view.

I would have expected the % it to be lower as it is under load due to a/c being flown.

Just wanting to refresh myself with basics and make sure I am not going crazy.

It has been a long day. Just wanting someone to give me a DOH moment.

In the camera view along the top bar battery shows 100%.

Opening up battery tab shows voltage and a slightly lower %. As per normal and to be expected.

However when flying my % along top of camera view is not the same as the % shown when I periodically open battery tab to check on voltage.

The % is higher in the battery dialog box than what appears along top of camera view.

I would have expected the % it to be lower as it is under load due to a/c being flown.

Just wanting to refresh myself with basics and make sure I am not going crazy.

It has been a long day. Just wanting someone to give me a DOH moment.
Ahhhh....I think I know what you mean.
The battery life percent in the battery info screen IS NOT the same as the percentage you are seeing on the camera screen.
It is the life of the pack before you have to throw it away and buy another one. This will decrease slowly over time and with the more charge cyles the pack gets.
The percentage you see on the camera screen is the current percent of charge of the pack - two totally different things.

I hope/think that answers your question.

Editor
many thanks . Just to be sure I have this correct
The % displayed along top of camera view is the actual status or for want of a word the ACTUAL % of the current battery in use.
On opening up the battery dialog box showing voltage etc this shows the % of LIFE LEFT in that battery before it is unsafe to fly?
What % of battery life in the battery dialog is safe to fly with for future reference?
Thanks again

Editor
many thanks . Just to be sure I have this correct
The % displayed along top of camera view is the actual status or for want of a word the ACTUAL % of the current battery in use.
On opening up the battery dialog box showing voltage etc this shows the % of LIFE LEFT in that battery before it is unsafe to fly?
What % of battery life in the battery dialog is safe to fly with for future reference?
Thanks again
Yup - you've got it.
There is no real 'unsafe' percentage of pack life. What you will find is that as the pack life percentage decreases, you will get shorter and shorter flight times (this is why battery calibration is important since it accounts for ageing packs).
You will get fed up with only getting a few minutes flights and will retire the pack before anything catastrophic happens in flight.

Reactions: tweaker
depends what youre looking at like he says, as in the pic below the battery life is 100% but as you can see from remaining power and cell voltages its not 100% charge, its at around 60% for storage.

However if youve never done the recommended battery maintenance process every 10 charge cycles which is to fully drain the battery till it powers itself off and then recharge it to reset the accuracy of the battery power left % shown on the main app screen(not the screen in the pic below) it can get quite out of wack compared to the voltages and not be accurate anymore.

Screenshot_2015-10-24-03-53-56.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters