Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery storage

Reaction score
Recently I have been seeing posts about storing my batteries in either the refrigerator or the freezer to keep them from degrading over long periods of time.
Is this true or what?
I found something online titled “Lithium Polymer Battery Storage Tips” that shows capacity loss versus storage conditions. It shows that storing them in lower temperatures will help them from degrading. I’ll try to include it in this post if I can figure out how to upload it??
Anyway does anyone have any further information about this and if so please let me know.
Thanks, Inspirephil. IMG_0250.jpg

Around 10 to 20 deg C is fine for storage. I wouldn’t recommend the fridge or freezer due to the possibility of internal condensation. Water and Lipo batteries isn’t a good combination.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Around 10 to 20 deg C is fine for storage. I wouldn’t recommend the fridge or freezer due to the possibility of internal condensation. Water and Lipo batteries isn’t a good combination.
Thanks. I was definitely skeptical about this information because I haven’t heard anything like that before. In some ways it makes sense and if you read the entire article it says that if you’re placing them in the refrigerator you need to place your batteries in a ziplock bag to stop condensation from occurring. I am not sure if I am going to follow that advice or not yet. Once again thanks for your input.
And I’ll have to check and see what 10-20 degrees C is in Fahrenheit!! :)

Recently I have been seeing posts about storing my batteries in either the refrigerator or the freezer to keep them from degrading over long periods of time.
Is this true or what?
I found something online titled “Lithium Polymer Battery Storage Tips” that shows capacity loss versus storage conditions. It shows that storing them in lower temperatures will help them from degrading. I’ll try to include it in this post if I can figure out how to upload it??
Anyway does anyone have any further information about this and if so please let me know.
Thanks, Inspirephil. View attachment 23390
This is actually true and the absolute least degradation is achieved by these low(ish) temperatures.
What many people do not realize is Lipos start losing their capacity and degrade from the day they leave the production line whether they are used or not.
However with a well looked after and stored pack this loss can be minimized to around 2-5% per year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kajal142