Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Trouble

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with a TB7 Battery doing 4 LED blinks followed by 1 long blink. Check the clip for a visual.

The Inspire was flying and around 35% and I was preparing to get it down. Suddenly it dropped seriously low and managed to get itself into a 'tail spin' like maneuver. Wouldn't respond to the controls and was just circling further and further away. It was over the sea at this point. Switched to manual and was able to get it out of that spin. I have since done a deep cycle. Charged 23 times and at 94%

Last edited:
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with a TB7 Battery doing 4 LED blinks followed by 1 long blink. Check the clip for a visual.

The Inspire was flying and around 35% and I was preparing to get it down. Suddenly it dropped seriously low and managed to get itself into a 'tail spin' like maneuver. Wouldn't respond to the controls and was just circling further and further away. It was over the sea at this point. Switched to manual and was able to get it out of that spin. I have since done a deep cycle. Charged 23 times and at 94%

That must have been some scary moments.

Kudos that you switched to Atti (manual is not available on the I1), taking the GPS out of control. If you would have used RTH or switched off you Transmitter, you probably would have lost it.

The sudden drop and circling after it regained power tells me that the battery lost connection or power for an instant, causing the bird to drop (did you notice anything like sudden RPM dropping? Different sound suddenly?). Then when it regained connection, GPS had to initialise and compass must have been thrown off, hence the circling. Switching to Atti the GPS was no longer in control and you fortunately got it back safely. Wow.

This does remind me of a flight I once had with a Phantom with standard 3s Lipo. In the air the connection failed for an instant (as I later learned) and exactly the same thing occurred as what happened to your bird. When I got it down (in full manual) I noticed that the XT60 plugs didn't hold connection very well and that wiggling would cause the Phantom to loose power for a fraction of a second, rebooting the whole system. When I changed the connectors everything worked fine and I have never seen the problem again.

What does the flight log tell you? Can you share it with us? Or do a screen recording in GO while playing back that flight? I'm very interested in the cause. The possible danger of a failing battery is the biggest concern I have with The Inspire1.

Don't know what the battery lights mean. But I would not use it anymore.

Hi,

Hmmmm......the word circling and switching into atti regained control implies TBE to me.
Did you calibrate your compass at your flying spot by any chance?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters