Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery's, can't upgrade battery's

Reaction score
Website
atlantadroneworkz.com
I have five battery's and only one says the Battery firmware is normal. the other four say this. I have tried to update the firmware with the SD card and the other battery's in the I1 but it always says that there was no need to update because the firmware on the SD card is the same or older the whats on the I1.
63870322-D28E-4B72-8FFC-F5F00A512D56.jpg

Reactions: John Archer
I think I have the same problem as Jerbou71. My settings as follows:

App-2.8.2
AC- 1.7.00.90+
RC-1.6.0
Camera-1.8.01.00

I have 1 TB47 that came with the bird and 3 TB 48. The TB47 and one of the TB 48's works fine. The other two show the same message as Jerbou71 has. I have downloaded and reloaded FW several times, used 4 different SD cards trying to get the thing too update the other two batteries. I just can't seem to figure out why 2 batteries work fine and the other two don't.

Well, after the repeating the process countless times my batteries finally updated. Just finished both batteries and it uploaded fine. I should have figured this out myself due to the FW being 1.7.00.90+ instead of 1.8.01.00 like Scotflieger mentioned above in his post. Not sure if it was my bad our something in the system that kept the bird from updating all the way. I lost track of how many times I loaded and reloaded the SD cards, (I have 4 new 16g Lexar's). I did remember to format the cards on the bird instead of my Mac when I got them. Not sure why none would update my bird to the 1.8 number. Not going to recommend my solution to anyone, only that it took me many, many reloads to get where I am suppose to be, all systems go. I would write more, but I hear the park calling me to come fly.
Luck to you Jerbou71. If another solution isn't forthcoming, try as I did. Repeat downloads until it gets tired of fighting you. And make sure you have the correct FW Scotflieger told you. Until that is correct, I don't think the batteries will ever upgrade.
Not the first time I had to do a FW update like this. I accept the blame, I figure it was something I was doing or not doing. :oops:

I had the same problem. So I got very basic. I loaded the 1.8.1.0 upgrade bin file on the original 16 gig micro card and with bird and controller shut off put it into the camera slot. I then put the battery that needed the firmware upgrade into the battery compartment on the Inspire 1 and turned it on. Then I left the room and took a shower. I came back about an hour later and the Inspire 1 had gone to sleep. I turned on the controller, started the dji go app and the battery was upgraded. I marked the battery #1 with the upgrade date and proceeded with the other three batteries. Sure, it took several hours to complete the process but the batteries were all upgraded and ready to fly.

Reactions: Scotflieger
I had the same problem. So I got very basic. I loaded the 1.8.1.0 upgrade bin file on the original 16 gig micro card and with bird and controller shut off put it into the camera slot. I then put the battery that needed the firmware upgrade into the battery compartment on the Inspire 1 and turned it on. Then I left the room and took a shower. I came back about an hour later and the Inspire 1 had gone to sleep. I turned on the controller, started the dji go app and the battery was upgraded. I marked the battery #1 with the upgrade date and proceeded with the other three batteries. Sure, it took several hours to complete the process but the batteries were all upgraded and ready to fly.
Once I got my FW correct the actual battery update took just a few minutes. The mistake I made was not having the correct FW, 1.8.1.0. Every time I tried to download it, I would end up with
1. 7.00.90+ . Not sure what I was doing wrong to get the incorrect FW. Anyway once I got it right everything else fell into place.
I had a handprint on my forehead once I realized what I was doing wrong. Lesson learned-I will endeavor to pay more attention rather than show my ignorance by asking stupid questions here.

Reactions: Scotflieger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela