Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Beginner Pilot Need Opinion. Bricked aircraft straight out of box.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to the inspire but I have a lot of experience flying with a mavic pro.
The problem is this. Received my Inspire 1 V1 on Friday and was super excited so took it out of the box and powered on aircraft and remote with iPad connected. The app told me I needed to update the RC before being able to fly. (I've heard that RC update before aircraft update can cause problems). So I tried updating twice and said it failed both time. However upon checking, it seemed like it updated fine...version 1.7.something.

Then I tried taking the aircraft out of travel mode with the 4 quick toggles. Nothing. I managed the link the RC with the aircraft and interestingly enough the app is showing the battery data but when I connect the camera and gimbal (with inspire still in travel mode) I get no image transmission and the app says the gimbal is disconnected. Is it normal for the aircraft to not register the gimbal when it's in travel mode.

Basically I'm trying to figure out how to maybe fix this before sending it back. Is it possible that downgrading the RC firmware will allow me to unlock the aircraft from travel mode so that I can get the aircraft fw updated?

I've not run into this issue but, you can lower the landing gear manually using the included jack-screw driver inserted into the base of the airframe. Wind down your gear and attach the camera gear and see if that corrects the problem. If that doesn't remedy this then delete FW on the airframe and reinstall by the update instructions. Hopefully that should take care of you.

The AC should see the camera regardless of the position of the landing gear. Look at the pins on the connector to see if any are bent or corroded.

Well I managed to down grade controller firmware then link controller to inspire and toggled and it worked to bring the landing gear down. Then I tried to do aircraft firmware but that whole thing failed. Have ESCs beeping at me and the whole thing completely unresponsive. Interestingly enough as soon as I got it out of travel mode the image came up on the screen but the transmission kept going on and out. I'm returning this one and starting over with a brand new unit.

It was sold as Like New on amazon, so who knows if someone bought this, had the same issues as me and returned it only to be resold without the dealer looking into the issues :mad:

When you do the FW update, can you grab the update log file from the hidden folder on the SD card?
Make sure your Windows PC is set to show all files. Go in to MISC, then LOG, and grab WM610_FW_LOG_AB.txt and copy the last bit here.

When you do the FW update, can you grab the update log file from the hidden folder on the SD card?
Make sure your Windows PC is set to show all files. Go in to MISC, then LOG, and grab WM610_FW_LOG_AB.txt and copy the last bit here.
So I ended up returning that inspire and purchased a new inspire 1 v1 and upon opening the box I see that it was QC inspected Aug 24,2015. I managed to, or at least I think I did, get the aircraft updated with the newest firmware. However the RC is giving me hell. I cannot get it to link with the aircraft and furthermore when I went to update the firmware by clicking and holding the 3 horizontal line button in the dji go app, it states that the product is unknown and version unknown. I was reading somewhere that maybe the firmware is so ancient that the RC cannot communicate with the app. Do you know of any way to fix that. Is there a way to update the firmware on the RC by utilizing a flash drive? I know it used to be possible but wondering if it still is

Yes, put the firmware on a flash-drive in the root, stick the flash drive in the USB port of the RC, and power it on. It will beep a lot and update itself to the version on the flash drive.

Yes, put the firmware on a flash-drive in the root, stick the flash drive in the USB port of the RC, and power it on. It will beep a lot and update itself to the version on the flash drive.
is there a particular procedure needed to initiate the update from flashdrive or will it automatically recognize it upon turning on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla