Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best backpack/travel case combo for Inspire 2

Reaction score
I've had the Inspire 2 for about 6 months and I've yet to find the best backpack/travel case solution.

I own the Drone Crates landing gear case and it's great, but I find it too big to travel with. It won't fit in most taxi trunks and it's a real pain traveling with internationally.

I also own the Lowepro Drone Guard Inspire 2 backpack, which is also great. For local shoots and hikes I find this to be the best solution. However, I don't feel comfortable carrying this on a plane because the Inspire 2 arms are exposed, and I'm worried they could break when stuffed into overhead bins with other luggage.

After many purchases of backpacks and cases, I've narrowed my search down to an Inspire 2 backpack that I can also put into a wheeled travel case, that can withstand the beating of airline travel. This case would be a checked bag when traveling by plane.

I think this will be the best option moving forward, but I wanted to get a second opinion from the forum. Has anyone used this backpack for Inspire 2, or does anyone recommend a different option?

DJI Inspire 2 Backpack | GPC, Inc.

It looks like they also have a wheeled hard case that'll fit the backpack inside it. For $300 it seems a bit steep and the quality (based on the photo) looks weak. Does anyone own this travel case / backpack combo?

Inspire 1 & 2 Travel Case for Backpack | GPC, Inc.

As I read your post GPC came to mind.
I haven't seen one in person, but I would say that if GPC puts their name on it, you can count on quality.
I have had several of their cases and they were all top notch.

As I read your post GPC came to mind.
I haven't seen one in person, but I would say that if GPC puts their name on it, you can count on quality.
I have had several of their cases and they were all top notch.
Thanks for the reply!

That backpack plus the hardcase should be plenty. GPC usually uses SKB cases which have been around a while and are pretty durable

I've had the Inspire 2 for about 6 months and I've yet to find the best backpack/travel case solution.

I own the Drone Crates landing gear case and it's great, but I find it too big to travel with. It won't fit in most taxi trunks and it's a real pain traveling with internationally.

I also own the Lowepro Drone Guard Inspire 2 backpack, which is also great. For local shoots and hikes I find this to be the best solution. However, I don't feel comfortable carrying this on a plane because the Inspire 2 arms are exposed, and I'm worried they could break when stuffed into overhead bins with other luggage.

After many purchases of backpacks and cases, I've narrowed my search down to an Inspire 2 backpack that I can also put into a wheeled travel case, that can withstand the beating of airline travel. This case would be a checked bag when traveling by plane.

I think this will be the best option moving forward, but I wanted to get a second opinion from the forum. Has anyone used this backpack for Inspire 2, or does anyone recommend a different option?

It looks like they also have a wheeled hard case that'll fit the backpack inside it. For $300 it seems a bit steep and the quality (based on the photo) looks weak. Does anyone own this travel case / backpack combo?

The backpack and case you linked would be a great choice if you didn't need the heavy duty protection that the other GPC cases offer. We have used the backpack and GPC landing mode case for quite a while with the interior foam removed. Doing this gives us 3 options for great versatility. When the backpack is in the hardcase there is a little room left over for other items. We are an authorized dealer for GPC cases.
Cases

IMG_2060.jpg IMG_2062.jpg

Reactions: Dejan Smaic

I bought one of the GPC packs but sent it back - didn't think the quality was very good. I now have the Lowepro that you mentioned.

hi i just order one . i had on for Inspire1
InsPak - Unique Hardshell Backpack for DJI Inspire 1
don't make one for the inspire 2 damm i wish there would that was a good case

Reactions: Mixchief
hi i just order one . i had on for Inspire1
InsPak - Unique Hardshell Backpack for DJI Inspire 1
don't make one for the inspire 2 damm i wish there would that was a good case

I agree I carry my I1 in one, it "almost" feels like you can bring it inside as carry on but the Inspire in landing mode is just too tall and I don't think the InsPack will make it on overhead. They too make an outer shell, checked luggage case that I bought, now if you go to the website you'll see the price was slashed significantly though it actually went up since I bought mine. The two case combo is quite good, after a flight I have not one scratch on my outer shell, however beware of the locks they don't make me warm and fuzzy so I got a luggage strap that did the trick for me, it was like 15 bucks at amazon, total peace of mind for less than $200 total. Yes, I said less than $200, I think the cases went up doom $89 when I got it to $99 each the backpack and the flight shell

I agree I carry my I1 in one, it "almost" feels like you can bring it inside as carry on but the Inspire in landing mode is just too tall and I don't think the InsPack will make it on overhead. They too make an outer shell, checked luggage case that I bought, now if you go to the website you'll see the price was slashed significantly though it actually went up since I bought mine. The two case combo is quite good, after a flight I have not one scratch on my outer shell, however beware of the locks they don't make me warm and fuzzy so I got a luggage strap that did the trick for me, it was like 15 bucks at amazon, total peace of mind for less than $200 total. Yes, I said less than $200, I think the cases went up doom $89 when I got it to $99 each the backpack and the flight shell
and if you cut the foam did you think you can fix the i2 inside the inspack?

I have a feeling the 2 is too wide in landing mode even to fit , I could be wrong but if it fits tight the foam might not be enough to protect it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin