Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Black Widow Brushless Motor with Integrated ESC 3510 540KV

No, but while the motor seems like it would work, my only issue is with the integrated ESC. Wouldn't you need a 540KV without an ESC? There is also a switch on the side to reverse the direction of the motor. While convenient, all you really need to do is swap 2 of the 3 leads of a brushless motor to change direction.

@Greg Huntoon good point however a new 540 might require a new ESC depending on max draw watts. Most ESC's are not designed to fit on the arm of the Inspire so the integrated design was attractive. Additionally motors have advanced in magnet, wiring, and bearing design that could positively affect flight times.

True. It's also crazy that standalone 420KV brushless outrunners seem to be priced around $100+. I say 420KV because that's what the I1 V2's seem to be, so they should be a match to the I1V2 ESC's. If they were cheap, I'd say put some bullet connectors on and just replace the old ones, but the original DJI I1V2 motor ESC combos are still cheaper than a single 420KV brushless outrunner, go figure.

@Greg Huntoon I ordered one just to experiment. The point for beefier kv motors is to support larger batteries and advanced flight times. No interest in replacing like for like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide