Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Boeing 737 flies into brick wall — and just keeps going

hmm dangerous things those brick walls - obviously it was too high having exceeded the 4ft limit by 1ft :p

the Drone ID internet meme will also have to adjust the guide to include a brick wall as well o_O:rolleyes:

Totally forgot about the drone Id chart!

I am surprised that pilot hits a brick walk and thinks nothing of the implications but a drone anywhere near them and it’s a news worthy event.

Mind you, I think this pilot is blind and probably would not have seen a drone anyways.

Last edited:
Really? Click bait and fake news!

The plane didn’t fly through a 5 ft wall it was asking off and CLIPPED the wall with some low hanging parts. Totally different. And you’re totally clueless if you don’t think a drone near a plane is a hazard.

The plane didn’t fly through a 5 ft wall it was asking off and CLIPPED the wall with some low hanging parts. Totally different. And you’re totally clueless if you don’t think a drone near a plane is a hazard.

Don’t think anyone was saying that a drone near a plane was a good thing. If it was one of my comments your targeting with this comment then I will point out that the perspective I was painting was a contrast of “clipping” as you refer to it, of a brick wall that caused damaged to the plane didn’t give this pilot pause in anyway - contrasted against a backdrop of the simple act of seeing a drone “is a big deal”.

If you can’t see that is how I had carefully constructed my comments then not sure what to say.

As for click bait title, you are correct but I just used the title of article. I can’t make everyone happy.

Last edited:

Not to mention here is some photos of the damage. There is a significant and substantial tear in the plane. Reports also say parts of a chain link fence were tangled up in the planes landing gear also

So it was more than a few small parts kind of an event

IMG_0931.jpg

This has nothing to do with flying drones near a plane and you’re clearly insinuating that if a plane can survive an encounter with a brick wall, then a drone shouldn’t be a problem.

If I’m wrong feel free to tell me how.

This has nothing to do with flying drones near a plane and you’re clearly insinuating that if a plane can survive an encounter with a brick wall, then a drone shouldn’t be a problem.

If I’m wrong feel free to tell me how.

Your wrong;
and I have tried to clearly explain how - you locked in your opinion and proceeded to engage in the manner you felt was the right way, however I think you are misunderstanding me.

When I wrote:
"I am surprised that pilot hits a brick wall and thinks nothing of the implications but a drone anywhere near them and it’s a news worthy event."

And then goes on further to hopefully allow the reader to understand the effort at humor

"Mind you, I think this pilot is blind and probably would not have seen a drone anyways."

My intent was a to both poke fun of this pilot (judgement to proceed when it seems crazy to think he didn't feel that impact in the cockpit hen you look at the after photos provided) and to poke fun at how many sightings of a drone near a plane have happened, but there is no way this pilot could have seen a drone as its implied he doesn't see very well and the small drone compared to this wall, he would have never noticed.

I will also go on the record and say I can now see why you believe I am "insinuating" that a drone near a plane is not a big deal, however that was not my intent when I wrote what you read and came to believe this. My original line of thinking was aligned to the humor of "spotting a drone" from the cockpit and how often those reports have been found to be not true or can not be confirmed - and contrast that with 'if he / Pilot can not see a brick wall how will he see a more difficult small and moving drone'.

I think the misunderstanding developed when you read my original post comment of "...drones seem very soft compared to brick walls." - which at the time I wrote was more a comment on the durability of the plane but not an endorsement of the line of thinking that hitting a drone with a plane is in any way acceptable or suggestive of fly your drone and don't worry about the planes. I can see how you came to your conclusion, and I hope you can accept that maybe I didn't mean it the way you read it.

You could have asked me directly what was on your mind about this situation. You would have got the straight and honest answer you were looking for and less friction between us - I will extend you the respect of assuming your character is as least as good as mine is. After all, a shared interest generally means at least some shared values. (Specifically safety if I am not clear).

If you're NOT saying that drones aren't a danger to full scale aircraft, then I apologize. There are MANY (too many) people even on this forum that think it's no big deal to break rules such as flying near airports and at full scale flight levels. Mostly because they're clueless about the damage drone can cause.

Just look at the number of threads in this forum with people trying to get the maximum flight distance of 2+ miles with their drones... There's a lot of ignorance around how dangerous drones can be that threatens the livelihood of many people trying to make an honest living using drones and it erks me when people are that self centered and don't think the rules apply to them, and in turn ruin it for everyone else.

If you're NOT saying that drones aren't a danger to full scale aircraft, then I apologize. There are MANY (too many) people even on this forum that think it's no big deal to break rules such as flying near airports and at full scale flight levels. Mostly because they're clueless about the damage drone can cause.

Just look at the number of threads in this forum with people trying to get the maximum flight distance of 2+ miles with their drones... There's a lot of ignorance around how dangerous drones can be that threatens the livelihood of many people trying to make an honest living using drones and it erks me when people are that self centered and don't think the rules apply to them, and in turn ruin it for everyone else.

I am glad we are able to come to an understanding. I agree there are people that play fast and loose with drones but this is not limited to just drones. People do it with everything, I'm not going to excuse them and I don't agree with the way in which a number of the "advanced testing" things are being done. Bottom line for me is safety. I'm not going to live with the guilt of doing something stupid and causing death. If that in itself was not enough, I'm not going to risk the $10k of product I'm flying (my I2 and all its 'stuff'). And if those two things are not enough to stop you, then maybe one should consider not flying a drone. I also have enough good character that if I happen to damage some property I will take care of it. When flying, be it big planes, helicopters or drones there needs to be personal accountability. Many people have it, harder to see on a forum because its hard to brag about doing the 'right things' - and these character traits don't lend themselves to bragging about it either.

p.s. I do test the full limits of the range (not height) of my Mavic Air. I get a stunning and exceptional 200 meters from it :--) However this is often at its operational limits, sadly. I will find it very surprising, and despite having no use for it, how spruce trees in the Canadian forests enjoy the Mavic Airs WiFi signal. I tried feeding them the Lightbridge I2 signal, and they want nothing to do with it - kinda like my youngest when we tried to give her vegetables.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela