Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Breaking down our sunshades for Professional Drone Pilots and Aerial DOP's

Stacy, thanks for your efforts. I know you're just starting off and wish you much success...but, the pricing for a 3D-printed item does seem a bit steep, even after reading your pricing justification at your website.

If the item was injection-molded and didn't have that "unfinished" 3D-printed look, I might be tempted at that price, because it's a great idea and fills a need. Just as a personal opinion, but I think a price closer to $35-50 range for the 3D-printed product would generate far more business for you. If you ever went to injection molding, a higher price might be justified in the minds of most.

That said, you seem to be the quintessential American entrepreneur and know you will do well in the endeavor - congratulations!

Stacy, thanks for your efforts. I know you're just starting off and wish you much success...but, the pricing for a 3D-printed item does seem a bit steep, even after reading your pricing justification at your website.

If the item was injection-molded and didn't have that "unfinished" 3D-printed look, I might be tempted at that price, because it's a great idea and fills a need. Just as a personal opinion, but I think a price closer to $35-50 range for the 3D-printed product would generate far more business for you. If you ever went to injection molding, a higher price might be justified in the minds of most.

That said, you seem to be the quintessential American entrepreneur and know you will do well in the endeavor - congratulations!

Thank you Adsser for your thoughts. I do understand pricing but it's actually the opposite of what you suggest concerning injection molding. The prices will go down and we are researching that heavily at the moment. The cost per part drops crazy with injection molding. Right now each one of our new Ultrashade2's take about 15 hours to print. That means I can print 1.5 a day. Or about $125 a day gross. If my printer runs 24 hours a day I will make gross approximately $43,000 a year. Legitimate business so Uncle Sam gets 30% off the top. Then about 10% goes to printer maintenance and supplies and I'm being generous with 10%. Then I spend about $300 a month advertising. If I were printing 24hours a day and then deduct the above you'd see that I would be making a little over $21,000 a year.

Unfortunately it doesn't print 24 hours a day and I'm definitely not making $21,000 a year. More printers is the first step and then injection molding to follow.

You're price point is right on and it is my goal to get there as quickly as possible. Injection molding may allow us to do that and get an even better product, it's just very expensive to step into. But we will make it. I promise.

Reactions: ADSSER

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla