Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bricked?

Reaction score
Used Inspire 1 second remote will not connect. Been reading boards, watching videos and googling for answers for days. Tried everything that seemed reasonable.

I don’t know upgrade history, only that drone and main remote are on latest version. Have not been able to connect to 2nd remote to get firmware version. Always says disconnected. No problem going into camera mode, which I thought would not happen without some connection between remote and iPad. Same with 3 different model iPads - one a pro - and an iPhone 7+.

At first the status light was purple. After several attempts to reset remote it changed to red, and remains red. Sometimes it rapidly blinks between red and green or red and yellow - hard to tell the second color.

By most accounts I’ve read, they call this “bricked.” First, can anyone tell me what that is or means? What’s the fix? Some say replace the hdmi module on bottom of remote. Others say just to send it back to DJI. If the board/module is all they do, I’d rather do it myself and save 6 weeks of waiting.

Looking for any help, direction or advice. Thank...IMG_0003.jpg

Before returning it you might want attempt resetting the RC if not already done. For Phantom controllers it's:
- turn off remote, press C1+C2+ Record+ Camera settings dial at the same time.
I would assume it's the same with Inspire controllers.

EDIT: I believe this is the correct sequence for Inspire 1 RC:

Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.

Yes, that is the sequence. Tried it and several wrong versions of the same maneuver. In fact, the correct sequence of buttons as you recommended got rid of the purple light - it now seems forever stuck on red. Reset worked, but didn’t fix my problem.

Thanks for the answer to my question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool