Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Burnt out CrystalSky Ultra

Reaction score
Have a 7.85 CS Utlra that bit the dust on the backlight. Out of Warranty i assume.

Dealing in USD. Would ship out of Cali. LMK of any offers.

I got my CS UB working again when the backlight stopped working by performing a hardware reset.

From memory I pressed and held in the top & bottom buttons for around 10 to 15 seconds. It’s worked fine ever since.

Might be worth a try?

Have a 7.85 CS Utlra that bit the dust on the backlight. Out of Warranty i assume.

Dealing in USD. Would ship out of Cali. LMK of any offers.
How long have you had it that's not good a thousand dollars and it's no good that should be under warranty. That absolutely Ridiculous that should have not burned out for the money that we spend they should have the Decency to replace it.

In the UK I have been told that DJI are providing a 24 month warranty on the ultra brights due to the initial design problems. I’m not sure if they are doing the same in the USA.

I agree that it may still be covered. Does not hurt to send it in for repair. Anyone that makes you an offer will do the same thing. Too much money and too many issues for them not to warranty it. Although with DJI you never know.

In the UK I have been told that DJI are providing a 24 month warranty on the ultra brights due to the initial design problems. I’m not sure if they are doing the same in the USA.
I hope that they do good luck I hope they do the right thing.

Just an update - sent to DJI, of course its out of warranty. $542 to fix.

Have asked to have the claim escalated due to it being a known issue.

Just an update - sent to DJI, of course its out of warranty. $542 to fix.

Have asked to have the claim escalated due to it being a known issue.
Any outcome on this repair?
Sorry to hear it had a repair bill, I was thinking they'd repair regardless of warranty time. There was an identified problem... to my understanding a failure with the 1st gen Ultra Bright motherboard and DJI was replacing the main boards with 2nd generation.

I purchased mine used off ebay... no idea of original date, but it failed on 2nd hour of my usage on hot 102 degree day. Sent it to DJI with expectations to pay a bill, they asked for proof of ownership, and sent the Ebay statement thinking I'm screwed now with it being used purchase. They repaired and sent back no charge indicated installing an updated main board. Fan operation has been stronger and earlier turning on now... no problems.

Since the known issues, we have had almost no reported issues with them. The original batch had many problems but were all exchanged for new ones or repaired as far as we knew. Good luck with the escalation of your claim - I really hope that they fix or replace it for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207