Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cable cam, zipline... Which aftermarket programmer does it best?

Reaction score
From what I understand, weather litchi or autopilot, their zip line or cable cam only goes from point A to point B and the aircraft has to move in One Direction constantly. Is there a feature or program where you could plot from point A to B to C etc and where you control the speed and can change direction of the aircraft?

Thanks

Yes, that's waypoint flying. You can set destination waypoints, altitudes for each waypoint, travel speed in between each way point as well as separate points of interest for the camera.

Thank you.

I have not seen where it has been demonstrated that you can control the speed, change direction, or stop along the way points for any length of time short of pausing the mission.

My need is to track moving targets going in different directions at different times along a fixed path. This is made more complicated by the proximity of trees and the necessity to be fairly close to the subjects.

Autopilot has something called Airspace where you can track other tablets or phones, and they have an amazing waypoint system. I'd check them out.

I fail to understand the fascination with Autopilot.
I find FPV Camera beats them all. Not only for simplicity but for its GUI as well.
A zip line is simply a line going from A t B. so, all you need to do is set two waypoints, no matter what app you are using, and fly between the two, hence a zip line. You can set them at different heights if you want.

I find FPV Camera beats them all. Not only for simplicity but for its GUI as well.
A zip line is simply a line going from A t B. so, all you need to do is set two waypoints, no matter what app you are using, and fly between the two, hence a zip line. You can set them at different heights if you want.
I like things that are infinitely customizable, hence my "fascination" with Autopilot...

From what I understand, weather litchi or autopilot, their zip line or cable cam only goes from point A to point B and the aircraft has to move in One Direction constantly. Is there a feature or program where you could plot from point A to B to C etc and where you control the speed and can change direction of the aircraft?

Thanks

Autopilot - particularly with the new updates that are coming out - can do exactly what you're talking about. Even allowing you to use the left joystick to control the speed manually in the midst of a waypoint mission.

The comments about FPV Camera being "easier" may be "true" - but it's a matter of what you want to do "now" and what you want to do "later". That is the "fascination". You can buy a basic photo editing software that allows you to change brightness, crop, etc.. Very easy. Simple user interface. It will do the basic functions you may want. Or you can take the time to learn Photoshop or something like it that can do that - much much more. Does FPV offer Airspace? The ability to follow an object and adjust to the altitude of the followed object? The ability to modify a waypoint mission on the fly? Again, it's a matter of what you want to do.

I've got all of them - Litchi, Autopilot, FPV Camera, etc., but I lean toward Autopilot because it offers the greatest depth of features and because they continue to enhance the solution based upon customer requests..

Reactions: Ascender

Why do you feel FPV Camera is the best?
From the footage that I've seen and produced, FPV Camera's output has clear incremental adjustments that aren't as smooth as more mature apps like Autopilot. For straight waypoint planning, Litchi is straightforward enough and yet very robust- even bringing in visual tracking features, like the Phantom 4 has or Vertical provides.

Reactions: egoldy
Thank you.

I have not seen where it has been demonstrated that you can control the speed, change direction, or stop along the way points for any length of time short of pausing the mission.

My need is to track moving targets going in different directions at different times along a fixed path. This is made more complicated by the proximity of trees and the necessity to be fairly close to the subjects.

Given the variables you stated, you might look into Vertical's app. It has visual tracking for moving objects, allows for virtual "walls" to be established which reduce the risk of hitting trees, and also has a rail system for designing flight paths.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide