Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera control issue

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the Inspire group. I have a Phantom 4, Mini 2, Typhoon H and a 3DR Solo. Not new to flying. I just got the Inspire that I have and I am still learning the aircraft. My issue is that when I went to pan down the camera panned sideways. I have looked into this a little and have not been able to get the control for panning up and down switched back to this function. Can anyone tell me how to get the up and down function back into the switch instead of left or right. Thanks. I am impressed with this aircraft.

Reactions: sircking
Hi, I am new to the Inspire group. I have a Phantom 4, Mini 2, Typhoon H and a 3DR Solo. Not new to flying. I just got the Inspire that I have and I am still learning the aircraft. My issue is that when I went to pan down the camera panned sideways. I have looked into this a little and have not been able to get the control for panning up and down switched back to this function. Can anyone tell me how to get the up and down function back into the switch instead of left or right. Thanks. I am impressed with this aircraft.
Controller button C2, left middle finger on the back of the controller toggles between horizontal and vertical gimbal.
It is configurable in the menus, so if you're not the first owner it may be mapped to a different function. Check Remote Control Setting and Button Customization.
And Welcome.

Controller button C2, left middle finger on the back of the controller toggles between horizontal and vertical gimbal.
It is configurable in the menus, so if you're not the first owner it may be mapped to a different function. Check Remote Control Setting and Button Customization.
And Welcome.
Thank you for the information. I read it and followed it, I also watched the video that was sent me. I push the button on the bottom and nothing changes. It doesn't pan up or down. Just left and right. Is there a way to reset this? I have tried every thing I can think of. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. So thanks in advance,

If your Inspire is the Inspire I.

This is from the Inspire I v2.2 Manual dated 2017.12

On the back of the Controller there are two buttons. Numbered 21 and 23. Back Right Button and Back Left Button respectively. In the DJI Go App, each has several options. The Gimbal Dial (15) defaults to Camera Tilt. You can program the Left or Right Button to switch the Tilt to Pan.

Imo, kinda clumsy but, it works. In the App. I blelieve there are also Options to control the speed.

If your Inspire is the Inspire I.

This is from the Inspire I v2.2 Manual dated 2017.12

On the back of the Controller there are two buttons. Numbered 21 and 23. Back Right Button and Back Left Button respectively. In the DJI Go App, each has several options. The Gimbal Dial (15) defaults to Camera Tilt. You can program the Left or Right Button to switch the Tilt to Pan.

Imo, kinda clumsy but, it works. In the App. I blelieve there are also Options to control the speed.
So, I have pushed both buttons trying to change it from panning to tilting. Nothing changes. I have gone into all the settings I can find and nothing changes. I have been trying to figure out if the current firmware I have is what is causing my issue. If anyone can enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to fly my bird and take video and pictures.

I don't know what firmware you have. I have the current version. The properties for each button are set in the App on your iPhone or iPad or ... Use the Controller icon. I set up mine so, with the Controller is facing me, my right hand button makes the left dial alternate between Tilt and Pan. The left hand button always returns the camera pan to the base point.

Last edited:
I don't know what firmware you have. I have the current version. The properties for each button are set in the App on your iPhone or iPad or ... Use the Controller icon. I set up mine so, with the Controller is facing me, my right hand button makes the left dial alternate between Tilt and Pan. The left hand button always returns the camera pan to the base point.
The current firmware is 1.11.01.50. The controller is at 1.7.80. The button on the right hand side is my centering button. And I use an Android tablet. Thanks

Read the Manual. The Sections I have highlighted will tailor these buttons to the function you want.

Read the Manual. The Sections I have highlighted will tailor these buttons to the function you want.
Sometimes it takes someone grabbing you by the nose and leading you to what you are looking for that has been right in front of you all along. Thanks. Followed the steps and it is done and working the way I want it too.

Mate not long had my inspire 1 and had the same issue, its in the camera setting within DJI GO there are three settings and I changed mine back to original number 1 setting and control returned for pan and tilt through use of button 2 on RHS rear of controller, hope this makes sense to you if not can send pics if required.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa