Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera drifting

Reaction score
Good Day,

Just got my camera replaced by DJI, X5S, and its drifting to the left. I’m on the latest I2 firmware, gimbal balanced and lens calibrated. Anything else I should do?

Good Day,

Just got my camera replaced by DJI, X5S, and its drifting to the left. I’m on the latest I2 firmware, gimbal balanced and lens calibrated. Anything else I should do?
You can try to perform cold IMU calibration. Ideally it should be done at under 10deg C, depending on your region you might need to put your I2 into a refrigerator for an hour or if you have a winter do it in gold place(garage). Get ready and then go through the proces quickly. Camera should not be attached. That would be the last thing I would do.

Reactions: Eddie8620
You can try to perform cold IMU calibration. Ideally it should be done at under 10deg C, depending on your region you might need to put your I2 into a refrigerator for an hour or if you have a winter do it in gold place(garage). Get ready and then go through the proces quickly. Camera should not be attached. That would be the last thing I would do.

IMU calibration will help resolve the lens drift? The lens is drifting left even if the Inspire is grounded.

IMU calibration will help resolve the lens drift? The lens is drifting left even if the Inspire is grounded.
I get that. Is the gimbal also drifting when airborne? If the answer is yes, and you have done everything else, what is there to loose by doing the IMU cal? After all the gimbal is communicating with IMU all the time, even when the drone is on the ground. If IMU's gyro or accelerometer is sending incorrect info to the gimbal, it could cause the gimbal to drift. This is dynamic close loop system and feed of incorrect info from IMU can cause all sort of issues, gimbal drift including.
Not saying IMU cal will fix your issue but since nothing else has, there is nothing to loose by doing the IMU cal, I would have thought anyway..

Last edited:
I get that. Is the gimbal also drifting when airborne? If the answer is yes, and you have done everything else, what is there to loose by doing the IMU cal? After all the gimbal is communicating with IMU all the time, even when the drone is on the ground. If IMU's gyro or accelerometer is sending incorrect info to the gimbal, it could cause the gimbal to drift. This is a close loop system and feed of incorrect info can cause all sort of issues, gimbal drift including.
Not saying IMU cal will fix your issue but since nothing else has, there is nothing to loose by doing the IMU cal, I would have thought

Thank you for your reply. I will give it a try tomorrow. I’m in NYC. It’s cold enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah