Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera horizon level problem

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a problem when I am filming with my Inspire 2 with X5S gimbal. No matter what lens I use, when I am sending my Inspire to the right, the horizon level goes crazy. You can see what I am talking about in the example video I've uploaded.

How can I solve this problem?

Last edited:
It's a known issue with the Inspire 2. I've owned 4 I2 aircraft with both the X5S and the X7. They all exhibit this. The only way to fight it is to run dual operator and have the left stick for the camera operator set to roll. Then the operator can fine tune the roll during the pan. If you're running single operator/pilot then you will have to plan to level the horizon in post so shoot a little wider and punch in to level it when editing.

It's a known issue with the Inspire 2. I've owned 4 I2 aircraft with both the X5S and the X7. They all exhibit this. The only way to fight it is to run dual operator and have the left stick for the camera operator set to roll. Then the operator can fine tune the roll during the pan. If you're running single operator/pilot then you will have to plan to level the horizon in post so shoot a little wider and punch in to level it when editing.

This is a big issue for an expensive drone. I've "played" with Phantoms (all versions) and this never happened to me.

Hi guys,

I have a problem when I am filming with my Inspire 2 with X5S gimbal. No matter what lens I use, when I am sending my Inspire to the right, the horizon level goes crazy. You can see what I am talking about in the example video I've uploaded.

How can I solve this problem?

One thing which seems to help a bit is a cold IMU calibration.
The drone MUST stay completely motionless without hand support in each position for a few seconds before moving it to the next position. You might need to support it with heavy books over the legs to secure it in sideway position. This is crucial for succesful and effective calibration.

Last edited:
One thing which seems to help a bit is a cold IMU calibration.
The drone MUST stay completely motionless without hand support in each position for a few seconds before moving it to the next position. You might need to support it with heavy books over the legs to secure it in sideway position. This is crucial for succesful and effective calibration.
I have the same horizon issue. I have done IMU calibration on flat surface but never sideways position. Can you explain that part ? I will try it if it works

I have the same horizon issue. I have done IMU calibration on flat surface but never sideways position. Can you explain that part ? I will try it if it works
Maybe I used a wrong word and confused you. It is just that when you put the drone on its side I find it not sitting on the side of the its legs very steady on a flat surface. Therefore I have two heavy books ready and place them on the legs to 'pin it down'. This needs to be done quickly in order to complete this part of the calibration procedure and continue to the next position without delay, as per the instruction on the screen. That is all.

Reactions: rbycapri

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell