Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera sensor error.

Reaction score
Well ****. I just dropped my i2. With the x4s camera attached. I saw the whole thing too. So sad. I saw the camera smack the underside of the drone when it fell. Now I'm getting a camera sensor error, hardware malfunction and
"Air encoder error (0x400000) check whether gimbal is installed"

I've flown the bird with fpv just fine. No issues at all. I can also fully control the x4s with the controller. I just get absolutely no video feed. And those errors.

So, probably foolishly, I bought another x4s thinking it was the cam. But he new one does the exact same thing. Am I going to have to replace the module that the gimbal cam attaches to? I have an "authorized" dji repair down the road. But they admittedly confess to having 0 experience with the i2. Any help?!! And anyway I can sell or send back this x4s?!!

Since my opening post, I've seen a very similar post. Sounding like the same thing happened except his hit a tree. Mine my cousin slightly nudged the units rear left leg off my table and it took a backflip dive on soft grass. Hitting the nose this smacking the camera against whatever the part is directly above it.

So I checked closer. The plastic cover piece, securing the single smaller wire, was partially out.

All visual wires look good. I took it into my local "authorized " repair. They failed to tell me not to make the half hour trip today because their tech only comes in Tuesday and Wednesday. So unless I figure it out. I'm afraid to put my baby in another's hands. Especially since it worked so good with no problems straight out the box.

What's he possibilities I have to replace the camera sensor? Cost?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan