Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can 2 ipads be used on Inspire 2 with 1 tx?

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I'm new to Inspire Pilots. I have a Phantom 4 Standard and I have recently obtained my PfCO and purchased an Inspire 2 with x5s camera & 15mm/42mm Panasonic zoom lens also came with Cinema DNG & Apple ProRes Licence. I've been flying about 4 years now but new to the Inspire.

I would like some advice, I know you can have one person flying the drone and one operating the camera but as I understand it you need two controllers/transmitters. My question is: Can the pilot fly using one transmitter while the camera operator uses an Ipad connected to the pilots video feed. Is there any way this can be done?

I know very little about the Cinema DNG & Apple ProRes apart from It's TV/Cinema quality, you can film in raw and then spend hours editing it and you need a SSD stick which costs about £900/1000 I'm told the licence for cinema DNG & Apple Prores are activated within the drone and the stamp on the side of the drone is the licence. So any advice very welcome. Thank you.

First, use DNG and/or ProRes if your client asks for it. There is a large learning curve to take advantage of what they have to offer. You also need state-of-the-art computer to edit DNG and a very powerful one to edit ProRes.

Second, it is possible to use an HDMI monitor and an iPad at the same time on one controller (but you can't use 2 iPads) and have different cameras on each. But it is very awkward. The pilot would have to use the monitor and gimbal control using just an iPad is imprecise. It's a pretty big compromise to save the cost of a second controller.

First, use DNG and/or ProRes if your client asks for it. There is a large learning curve to take advantage of what they have to offer. You also need state-of-the-art computer to edit DNG and a very powerful one to edit ProRes.

Second, it is possible to use an HDMI monitor and an iPad at the same time on one controller (but you can't use 2 iPads) and have different cameras on each. But it is very awkward. The pilot would have to use the monitor and gimbal control using just an iPad is imprecise. It's a pretty big compromise to save the cost of a second controller.

Thank you, Eric, for your reply much appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide