Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cannot Takeoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a new Inspire 2 (pre-owned, never flown), brand-new controller, CS UltraBright, brand-new X5s, new batteries/charger. Everything works fine except cannot take off. When controls go to 'start' engine, this error comes up: CANNOT TAKE OFF and the yellow font info says Unknown error (code 41) cannot take off contact DJI support. Camera, gimbal, etcl working fine.
Hours later attempted to see if it was a Crystal Sky software problem with GO 4, so used my Apple Mini on the controller and got a different error when attempting to start engines/cannot takeoff message. The error message now said INVALID SERIAL NUMBER.I've scoured the internet, posted and removed a query, not the same, on DJI forum, and am almost in tears as I wanted to fly the I2 so badly. I can't think of anywhere to go on this, so, thanks in advance. I'm waiting for a new cable for my computer, but I downloaded ASSIST to iPad to plug into the I2; no luck, iPad does not 'see' the I2

I should also say that the motors will not start, so manual takeoff out of question. Wtih the Crystal Sky Go 4 this 41 unknown error code, but with the Apple mini-iPad Go 4 the error is, INVALID SERIAL NUMBER. This was a used, refurbished I2 and all else works. Ugh LOL

Primary display is the Ultra Crystal Sky on the controller, secondary is the iPad mini. CS shows in red CANNOT TAKE OFF ERROR 41, iPad Mini shows CANNOT TAKE OFF INVALID SERIAL NO.I don't think a 3rd device would do differently. Am ready to send back to company.

I'm not sure I understand, or, just don't know how to pan the camera without the controller using the Go 4 app in either CS or mini? But, with controller and CS everything works, pans, tilts, takes pix, videos, just cant fly lol.

I'm not sure I understand, or, just don't know how to pan the camera without the controller using the Go 4 app in either CS or mini? But, with controller and CS everything works, pans, tilts, takes pix, videos, just cant fly lol.
ok everything works
IF its not compass error of some sort maybe its still registered to someone else. If that matters. Contact Dji

When I get similar warnings I change locations or hold the AC 6' above the ground while powering on.

My i1 starts up indoors but the i2 won't. Even outdoors I need to move around to find a good spot.
A bit wiser now so I just hold it above my head and then start the AC. Works for me every time.
If I didn't know better I might just be stuck grounded. So don't rest till you've tried every trick.
Im betting she flies.

CLOSE OUT DISCUSSION UNLESS OTHERS WANT TO RESPOND:
I discovered an old 2017 thread on the DJI forum where a news agency in Greece had the same (exact) problem. DJI was unable to diagnose and requested immediate return to authorized facility. Since this is still under the EBAY RETURN UMBRELLA, it goes back tomorrow and now my only decision is to save bucks, go used, refurbished, or NEW, and burnt once has its lasting effect on me. LOL
Thanks for replies . . .

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko