Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cannot upgrade second remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all!

Just received our Inspire 1 x5 Pro but we can't make our second controller work. I have to say that the second controller was not part of the kit, we had to purchase one seperately. Also, we did all the updates on the bird and the master controller (the one that came in the kit) and the drone flies great...no problem at all. But when we open the app via an Iphone connected to the 2nd controller, it' says that we need the firmware version 1.3. But the upgrade did not w...ork. it said ''abort''. We tried the latest update and did the same thing.
Can someone help us?
Our current firmware on our second controller is 1.2.0.16+

Thanks!

Duane

I had the same issue, I think I had to downgrade the aircraft firmware to be compatible with the new controllers older fw, than upgrade the controllers fw and finally upgrade the aircrafts fw. Maybe someone else has a better solution.

The problem is that to be able to use the DJI Go app with our secod controller, I have to upgrade the firmware. The problem is I can't seem to figure this out.
BTW, the master controller (the one that came with the kit) works flawlessly...did all the upgrades (aircraft and master controller) and no problem at all. The thing is the second controller was bought seperately and it's on much older firmware (1.2.0.16+). Also, does the second controller has to be linked to the aircraft or does it only need to be paired to the master remote?

Reactions: SanCap
Ok, problem solved! We finally found the way to reset the controller. We had to do C1+C2+Shutter (photo) at hte same time to reset the controller. Then, we install 1.3 firmware and then upgraded to the latest through the Go app. Everything works now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont