Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't update to 1.9.1.30

Reaction score
Sorry , been away from flying for ages and just turned on the Inspire1 after months. The RC has upgraded fine ,but it says the firmware needs to upgrade.

This is what I have on now, Inspire 1 X3

App 3.0.0
Aircraft 1.8.1.00
RC 1.7.40
Camera (X3) 1.8.1.00

Updating is not new to me and I've successfully done it loads of time over the last couple of years, but this time when I download 1.9.1.30 , format the card, copy the bin file to the card, insert and boot up.......it just boots up as normal and doesn't enter the updating mode. I've re downloaded the bin file loads of times and tried several times without success . Have things changed over the last few months and I'm missing something ??
The red "requires upgrade message" in the app just says refer to the tutorial....which I've done !

From the release notes..
Aircraft version v1.9.1.30 and camera version v1.8.1.00 should be displayed in DJI GO. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.

Thanks, but the upgrade never starts i.e. that short beeping noise . I've downloaded and reformatted about 20 times now and when I put the sd card in , the aircraft just boots up normally.

Sorry , been away from flying for ages and just turned on the Inspire1 after months. The RC has upgraded fine ,but it says the firmware needs to upgrade.

This is what I have on now, Inspire 1 X3

App 3.0.0
Aircraft 1.8.1.00
RC 1.7.40
Camera (X3) 1.8.1.00

Updating is not new to me and I've successfully done it loads of time over the last couple of years, but this time when I download 1.9.1.30 , format the card, copy the bin file to the card, insert and boot up.......it just boots up as normal and doesn't enter the updating mode. I've re downloaded the bin file loads of times and tried several times without success . Have things changed over the last few months and I'm missing something ??
The red "requires upgrade message" in the app just says refer to the tutorial....which I've done !
Are you using a Mac to format and copy your file to the MicroSD by any chance ?
If so, use a PC. I have seen this happen many times with no explanation but for some reason some machines flately refuse to update if they have a card in them that's been Mac initialised.

Yes I am using a Mac and I've tried all 4 options for formatting that the Mac offers several times now.
I have used this Mac loads of times in the past for trouble free upgrades, but not done an update since I installed OS X El Capitan.
Thanks I'll try and fire up my old pc.

Are you using a Mac to format and copy your file to the MicroSD by any chance ?
If so, use a PC. I have seen this happen many times with no explanation but for some reason some machines flately refuse to update if they have a card in them that's been Mac initialised.

Success !!!! Thanks very much Mr Editor. Formatted on my old Windows laptop and it updated straight away !
I notice it still says "Firmware Upgrade Required" in the Overall Status. Not sure what it means by connecting the DJI Go to the internet after update , thought it was always connected ??

Reactions: The Editor
Success !!!! Thanks very much Mr Editor. Formatted on my old Windows laptop and it updated straight away !
I notice it still says "Firmware Upgrade Required" in the Overall Status. Not sure what it means by connecting the DJI Go to the internet after update , thought it was always connected ??

Yes just figured it out, have to sign in on the GO app to clear the message, cheers

Yup - seen that problem sooooo many times before. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk