Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't upgrade firmware on Inspire Pro

Reaction score
I have two Inspires. One of them works just fine, but for my upcoming trip I want to take both, and am unable to connect my back-up aircraft to the controller. I have read on the DJI blog that this is problematic if you have upgraded the RC before the aircraft, which is my case. I think my RC and main Inspire have been through two firmware upgrades since I last used the back-up Inspire. I tried the trick of going to the little graduation hat icon on the upper right of the DJI GO app screen to download the old RC software, but that option is no longer available with the latest version of the DJI GO app. My back-up Inspire is stuck in travel mode, and won’t raise up to attach the X-5 gimbal. When I hold it up to attach the gimbal (with the new firmware update on the Micro SD card inserted), and then turn the aircraft on, it doesn’t do its usual gimbal dance, and the gimbal hangs underneath, like a limp you-know-what. So, I can’t figure out how to downgrade the firmware in the RC or upgrade the firmware in the aircraft. Is there a way for me to get unstuck?

I will be watching for posts to your question as I am in the same boat. I have read several posts and have been admonished for not reading the Release Notes first. There is a guy (Aviator?) that has a reset file, but I cant make it work either. I am considering breaking out my 2nd remote and see if I can get it to work that way. Trip departure date is 5/5.

I don't know if this will help you. I just found instructions on this "Rolling back FW on R/C" page. About 1/3 down the page is a post by The Editor. So far my RC is downgrading to 1.5.8.0. We will see if this helps

Hey George. It worked! So I booted the RC up and launched the Go app. in the upper right corner is water board. Place your finger on it for 30 second or more and release, not less. If it is less then the academy window appears. You have to hold it for a long time. It took me a couple of tries. You will know because a black window opens and says Software. Install that software downgrade. It took my RC back to v1.5.8.0. Once completed reboot your RC. You will then be able to proceed with upgrading the AC. Follow the editors instructions.

Reactions: Jason Buker
Also I just read that on the website download the inspire file that is the latest for "pro" if you have pro and if you have "raw" download that one. Seems that its two different files, I'll try this method and see if it works

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips