Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Carbon fiber folding props for Inspire 2

Reaction score
Website
www.utcinema.com
Folding carbon fiber props for Inspire 2 installation and a test
So far no issues.
Let me know if you'd like me to do any other particular tests. Also I would like to compare them with original props. Please contact me if you are in NYC and have Inspire 2 and would like to do a performance test.

So far no issues.
Let me know if you'd like me to do any other particular tests. Also I would like to compare them with original props. Please contact me if you are in NYC and have Inspire 2 and would like to do a performance test.

Just a quick hint or tip. There is an extensive thread that discusses everything about these props from performance to installation. Your thread is a bit redundant.

Just a quick hint or tip. There is an extensive thread that discusses everything about these props from performance to installation. Your thread is a bit redundant.

I'm actually appreciative of the video being posted separately as it would have likely gotten buried in the other thread. This presents some unique information in a great manner with the video. Thanks, I've been tempted after picking up the LowePro Inspired Drone Guard backpack.

I'm actually appreciative of the video being posted separately as it would have likely gotten buried in the other thread. This presents some unique information in a great manner with the video. Thanks, I've been tempted after picking up the LowePro Inspired Drone Guard backpack.

Actually there is a search function in the forum that would uncover much more information than what's provided in this thread (which is also good).

So far no issues.

Very nice video...thanks for doing that.

As a reminder to anyone thinking about getting these props, we keep them in stock at Florida Drone Supply...here is the link:

Inspire 2 Folding Props by Heliengadin

They are also available for the Inspire 1:

Inspire 1 Folding Props by Heliengadin

Thanks again @utcinema for posting your video.

Reactions: deltalimatango
So far no issues.

I like the set up part. Pretty much my procedures as well. Very nice "pink hour" light in the background. Do you like the Oly 45mm more than the DJI 14mm? I see many people have it.

I like the set up part. Pretty much my procedures as well. Very nice "pink hour" light in the background. Do you like the Oly 45mm more than the DJI 14mm? I see many people have it.
I didn't use 45mm more than 15mm. I thought it would be more interesting for the test to use 45mm and see how stable it is.
It is actually nice to have 45mm to be able to get closer shots. Also I have 14-42mm which is not that sharp as 15 or 45mm, but it is more universal. And I can zoom in and out in the air without landing and changing lenses.

These props are solid! I've been using them for about 2-3 months now from relaxing real estate photo shoots to high wind conditions and sport action shots which require heavy breaking and sport mode. If anyone is on the fence about buying these, go ahead and pull the trigger.

These props are solid! I've been using them for about 2-3 months now from relaxing real estate photo shoots to high wind conditions and sport action shots which require heavy breaking and sport mode. If anyone is on the fence about buying these, go ahead and pull the trigger.

I concur. Best investment outside of extra batteries that I've made so far. They are a bit quieter as well.

I took the plunge and am glad I did. These props are great. I saw no real difference in flying but have more peace of mind because they are not loose or rattling. After reading several posts about the 'jolt' that occurs when the props align, I decided to use the CSC to start the motors and idle a few seconds before liftoff. I did see the jolt but it was on the ground. Once I took off, they performed just like any other props. After seeing that little jolt, I would not suggest using auto takeoff. (I seldom did anyway)

WHATCH OUT if you are buying your foldable propellers directly from HeliEngadin (Matteo Galet)... I order mine and till now it has never arrived... probably it is a problem of mail service (SWISS POST) delivery . This is rare but can happen. Matteo not only did not help to track it, but assumed that he has no responsibility in the delivery, refusing to refund or send me a new one, in case of no delivery. Delivering is a responsibility of the seller I presume. If he got the money he should deliver the product. I am searching it alone, but should not be the costumer effort.

WHATCH OUT if you are buying your foldable propellers directly from HeliEngadin (Matteo Galet)... I order mine and till now it has never arrived...
Sorry to hear of your difficulty. I hope they show up. If you paid through PayPal, they have a buyer protection plan. You can file a claim with them.
I got mine from Florida Drone Supply. They have them in stock and I got mine in 2 days.

For sure Florida Drone Supply seems to be a trustable supplier. Thanks for your answer.

WHATCH OUT if you are buying your foldable propellers directly from HeliEngadin (Matteo Galet)... I order mine and till now it has never arrived... probably it is a problem of mail service (SWISS POST) delivery . This is rare but can happen. Matteo not only did not help to track it, but assumed that he has no responsibility in the delivery, refusing to refund or send me a new one, in case of no delivery. Delivering is a responsibility of the seller I presume. If he got the money he should deliver the product. I am searching it alone, but should not be the costumer effort.

Strange that you are having problems with HeliEngadin. They were on the case with every question I asked regarding shipping, tracking numbers, etc... In Europe many people are on vacation at the moment and this may be the cause of the delay. Hope you get them soon. Once you do, by all means go over to thread (extensive) regarding those who have tested and installed them. Make sure you take your time and have a very good, short stem Torx wrench. There are stories, me included, of Torx wrench heads snapping off because DJI used some insane lock-tight on the screws.

Reactions: mpaerial
Thanks about the Torx wrench tip.
Concerning HeliEngadin the issue is not the delay (if it will be ever delivered) but their official answer saying that they are not responsible for lost packages or safe delivery. Imagine that I send a wire transfer to pay for the props and the money does not arrive... this does not oblige them to send me the props. On the other hand if I payed for the props and they got the money, they have the responsibility to put the product in my hands. They, in fact, always answered my questions BEFORE the purchase was ordered. The moment their logistic problems happened, they denied a solution. Considering that, they are not reliably, honest or a serious company...!
We should not buy directly from them if we want to avoid problems.

Thanks about the Torx wrench tip.
Concerning HeliEngadin the issue is not the delay (if it will be ever delivered) but their official answer saying that they are not responsible for lost packages or safe delivery. Imagine that I send a wire transfer to pay for the props and the money does not arrive... this does not oblige them to send me the props. On the other hand if I payed for the props and they got the money, they have the responsibility to put the product in my hands. They, in fact, always answered my questions BEFORE the purchase was ordered. The moment their logistic problems happened, they denied a solution. Considering that, they are not reliably, honest or a serious company...!
We should not buy directly from them if we want to avoid problems.
I ordered directly from HeliEngadin. My first set of props were not balanced properly. They sent a replacement set. Both through Swiss to FL within a reasonable time.

Reactions: HeliEngadin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry