Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Carbon props worth upgrading to?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've been meaning to get myself some carbon fiber props, but not sure if it's worth the upgrade. What do you all think? And if I should upgrade, which carbon props should I get? Price is not an issue when it comes to safety. Last thing I need is a cheap carbon prop fall apart in the air... that'll be a nightmare.

This has been covered in many threads, but I have never seen a need to use carbon props on a camera platform where you want as little vibration as possible.

Carbon props are great for better handling and racing but not really for photography. The original props are tuned for a balance of power and vibration. Carbon props are stiffer props. Stiffer transfers more vibration to airframe.

I fly an Inspire 2 and upgraded to the Heliengadin folding CF props and love them.
No more loose rattling props for me. Plus, you never have to take them off.
Other than the elimination of the loose rattles, I have seen no difference in flight performance. No added vibrations, jello or any other anomalies.
I feel they were worth every penny bearing in mind the added peace of mind they bring. The build quality is outstanding.
Florida Drone Supply has them in stock for both the Inspire 1 and 2.
My suggestion is to get them, you won't regret it.

Reactions: WingsThree
I fly an Inspire 2 and upgraded to the Heliengadin folding CF props and love them.
No more loose rattling props for me. Plus, you never have to take them off.
Other than the elimination of the loose rattles, I have seen no difference in flight performance. No added vibrations, jello or any other anomalies.
I feel they were worth every penny bearing in mind the added peace of mind they bring. The build quality is outstanding.
Florida Drone Supply has them in stock for both the Inspire 1 and 2.
My suggestion is to get them, you won't regret it.
You able to supply the link? :) Do I need to modify the case at all?

I'm using 14" t-motor props on inspire 1 raw. Using them gives me better picture quality with 45mm lens. There's still some jello from time to time but much better and is really noticeable compared to original plastic props. I can fly in very strong wind with them without worrying of a prop brake in midair.
The CF props are much more durable.

Reactions: Tom Dillon
The ones I posted are from Michael at Florida Drone Supply. He is a vendor on this forum and his customer service is next to none.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
That I’m not sure. Made by the same company. Also from FDS they are 46 US dollars cheaper than from their website. That’s what 46 dollars gets ya, some printing on them. Lol

Even changing directions from one extreme to the next the motor will always be spinning to provide the centrifugal force to keep the prop open.

As long the props don't fold inwards due to braking, then I'm interested in buying these :) I'll have to modify the case right?
The only way they will fold in is if you hit something hard like a bigger tree branch or the ground. The Mavic uses folders, along with the m600,s900 and the s 1000. Folding props have been around for awhile on multi rotors. The only thing some people can’t get use to is they will make your bird shake a little for the first second at start up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide