Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Case for DJI Osmo + Inspire X3

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good case for the Osmo + Inspire X3? The standard DJI one looks perfect but supposedly won't fit with the Inspire X3.

Looking for something low profile I can throw in a pack - ie not a Pelican/hard case.

The I1 X3's roll axis does not fold flat and as such does not fit correctly. You can kinda close the case when placing it as per the image below, but forcing more than I'd want and any effort applied on the case would force on the cam's mechanism potentially damaging it. I wouldn't recommend it.

2016-01-14 16.41.00.jpg

Reactions: jon b
The I1 X3's roll axis does not fold flat and as such does not fit correctly. You can kinda close the case when placing it as per the image below, but forcing more than I'd want and any effort applied on the case would force on the cam's mechanism potentially damaging it. I wouldn't recommend it.

View attachment 5657
Whoa, I never knew that. That's really too bad. For a quick stash and run in your pack, that would have been a nice piece to have.

I'm using a Pelican 1400 since I want to pack a few batts, charger and accessories.

Whoa, I never knew that. That's really too bad. For a quick stash and run in your pack, that would have been a nice piece to have.

I'm using a Pelican 1400 since I want to pack a few batts, charger and accessories.
I use my DJI case every day and it works great. I have had luck with it. I like the pelican 1400 as well. Pelican makes great cases.

I use my DJI case every day and it works great. I have had luck with it. I like the pelican 1400 as well. Pelican makes great cases.
Right, I think the point Kilrah is making is that your X3 is an OSMO X3 which rotates flat to fit nicely. The Inspire X3 (white camera) does not rotate far enough to lay flat in that soft sided case. Pelican case is great, but it is a "case" not a bag so it means another thing to carry as opposed to chucking in a backpack. Don't forget to pack a few batteries either way!

Right, I think the point Kilrah is making is that your X3 is an OSMO X3 which rotates flat to fit nicely. The Inspire X3 (white camera) does not rotate far enough to lay flat in that soft sided case. Pelican case is great, but it is a "case" not a bag so it means another thing to carry as opposed to chucking in a backpack. Don't forget to pack a few batteries either way!
Agreed Kilrah is correct in that it does not lay flat but I personally don't think it's putting any pressure on mine that would harm it. I would like to see a more versatile DJI Osmo case that is open to all the Osmo configurations. Great tool for handheld video.
Respectfully
Ralph
FlyHighUSA

Reactions: jon b
I can only go by my own experience. I have an Osmo that I use the DJI Inspire x3 with and It fits for me. I will investigate this. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
It definitely dose not fit ... I have a osmo case and the inspire 1 camera dose not fit inside the case for the osmo

So a few things you'll find on the forum about packing your OSMO. The stock case is not that sturdy so I'd be hesitant to stuff in in a backpack and run. $600 buck camera deserves better, plus where do you keep batteries, chargers etc?

If you have your Inspire going on the trip, heres what another operator does OSMO in Stock Inspire Case

When I travel, I want more than just the OSMO by itself. I want my light kit, Rhode mic set-up, extra batts and chargers and a stand. I went the Pelican route and everything fits like a glove. If you plan on using the camera off your bird, you'll want to securely support the camera/Gimbal because it doesn't have a locking mechanism.

Another nice add-on to your inspire for ground supported shots... I carry 6 ft lengths of carbon tubing that connect to make simple jibs. Great solution to shooting indoors in tight spots without risking the bird.

Attachments

• OSMO Case 2.jpg
    OSMO Case 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
  • OSMO Case 1.jpg
    OSMO Case 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member