Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cases: Travel Mode vs Landing Mode?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Now that I can see a need for a much better case than is provided for the I1 or I2. What are the thoughts on Travel Mode vs Landing Mode Cases? I've never really worried about the extra time it takes to put it into Travel Mode, but would like to hear pros and cons. Any thoughts on which is better?

Travel case is usually smaller. Landing case is definitely bulky but makes it easier to deploy the drone. I have a GoPrefessional landing case and I am very happy with it. It has wheels and a retractable handle making it easy to move around. I suppose is what you prefer. No right or wrong answer.

I am shopping around too. Mine will be used for airline travel and am thinking about travel mode case for the ease of handling.

I have the AerialMediaPros case, which is travel mode. I love the case and it has survived so many trips (I've checked it in probably about 40 times now on flights), fallen off the back of my truck, and having people trip over it, sit on it, whatever--this thing is solid.

My thinking at the time was to use a travel mode case for the smallest footprint but in retrospect, I sometimes wish I had a landing case which makes deployment faster and easier, though really it's an extra 5-10 seconds to change to landing mode. I thought about this pretty in-depth and concluded that the time it would take me to secure the camera gimbal with a lock and then place the bird inside the case would be about the same as just taking the camera off and putting the bird in travel mode. On top of that, there is much less risk of the gimbal getting damaged in transport if its in the case and not still on the bird (though I suppose you could take it off of the bird when travelling but that sort of defeats the quick deployment aspect of it). One thing is I do like the shape of my case compared to the GPC and other cases. The AerialMediaPros case is square and has generally fit into most vehicles I've had to put it in. It also is quite easy to toss a duffel bag on top and roll it around on your travels so you dont have to shoulder-carry your other bag, but the combo does get really heavy with a second bag on top.

I went with the AeriaMediaPros case because they answered my emails and were quite helpful in all my queries. There was unfortunately a stock issue and they could not ship it to me in time for my first trip and I ended up picking up the case from them directly in Southern California. Super nice guys, really helpful, and on top, they immediately wrote me a check to refund the shipping costs when I showed up. Great customer service aside, the case is a Pelican (so basically bulletproof) and the foam is cut very nicely. No weird issues like the GPC case had with the iPad slot and I personally like their layout much more than other cases I've seen. Another thing is I really like the rollerskate wheels on the Pelican cases (i am not sure what SKB or other brands use), I've dragged my case through sand dunes, gravel, broken tarmac, shallow streams, straight-after-the-rain mud--it might not always be technically "rolling" along but it has yet to break or complain about it. Plus a no-hassle lifetime warranty from Pelican, why would you bother with anything else?

That being said, it is a travel mode case--though I still fit 8 batteries, one controller, an antenna panel, 2 sets of props, 3 chargers and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff like my sunglasses, connectors, spare parts, duct tape, zip ties, etc... One warning, if you are unfamiliar with Pelican cases or similar cases (e.g. SKB), these things are HEAVY. The empty case with foam weighs more alone than all the stuff that goes in. Just a consideration to check the weight of these things, though most of the ones I have seen are all quite close in weight.

Anyway, at the risk of this beginning to sound like and advertisement, I will stop here :) I just really like Pelican cases and I think anyone who hasnt had one is missing out. The peace of mind of knowing your equipment is safe regardless of how harsh and uncaring you or someone else might be towards handling it is one of the best feelings when travelling with such expensive gear.

I have the AerialMediaPros case, which is travel mode. I love the case and it has survived so many trips (I've checked it in probably about 40 times now on flights), fallen off the back of my truck, and having people trip over it, sit on it, whatever--this thing is solid.

My thinking at the time was to use a travel mode case for the smallest footprint but in retrospect, I sometimes wish I had a landing case which makes deployment faster and easier, though really it's an extra 5-10 seconds to change to landing mode. I thought about this pretty in-depth and concluded that the time it would take me to secure the camera gimbal with a lock and then place the bird inside the case would be about the same as just taking the camera off and putting the bird in travel mode. On top of that, there is much less risk of the gimbal getting damaged in transport if its in the case and not still on the bird (though I suppose you could take it off of the bird when travelling but that sort of defeats the quick deployment aspect of it). One thing is I do like the shape of my case compared to the GPC and other cases. The AerialMediaPros case is square and has generally fit into most vehicles I've had to put it in. It also is quite easy to toss a duffel bag on top and roll it around on your travels so you dont have to shoulder-carry your other bag, but the combo does get really heavy with a second bag on top.

I went with the AeriaMediaPros case because they answered my emails and were quite helpful in all my queries. There was unfortunately a stock issue and they could not ship it to me in time for my first trip and I ended up picking up the case from them directly in Southern California. Super nice guys, really helpful, and on top, they immediately wrote me a check to refund the shipping costs when I showed up. Great customer service aside, the case is a Pelican (so basically bulletproof) and the foam is cut very nicely. No weird issues like the GPC case had with the iPad slot and I personally like their layout much more than other cases I've seen. Another thing is I really like the rollerskate wheels on the Pelican cases (i am not sure what SKB or other brands use), I've dragged my case through sand dunes, gravel, broken tarmac, shallow streams, straight-after-the-rain mud--it might not always be technically "rolling" along but it has yet to break or complain about it. Plus a no-hassle lifetime warranty from Pelican, why would you bother with anything else?

That being said, it is a travel mode case--though I still fit 8 batteries, one controller, an antenna panel, 2 sets of props, 3 chargers and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff like my sunglasses, connectors, spare parts, duct tape, zip ties, etc... One warning, if you are unfamiliar with Pelican cases or similar cases (e.g. SKB), these things are HEAVY. The empty case with foam weighs more alone than all the stuff that goes in. Just a consideration to check the weight of these things, though most of the ones I have seen are all quite close in weight.

Anyway, at the risk of this beginning to sound like and advertisement, I will stop here :) I just really like Pelican cases and I think anyone who hasnt had one is missing out. The peace of mind of knowing your equipment is safe regardless of how harsh and uncaring you or someone else might be towards handling it is one of the best feelings when travelling with such expensive gear.
I have the case but my dog ate the foam inside. Where can I get the Foam?
Thanks

71E19C56-0350-4911-B8BD-29E3E9D4BC27.png 5804CC98-4B9D-4DBB-8D5A-090C6BEEE6CC.png Hi Estelizo 5555,

Normally you can order by the original Supplier of this Case an spare foam- Supplier MC Cases do that, I hope the other Firm too.

For all other interested people;
I am from Germany and will share my experience with my hard shell case from
MC Cases for my Inspire 2 landing mode.

The MC cases is for my needs the best which I can find worldwide on the market,

Because :
1) Can put my Inspire in Landingmode with mounted Camera- and with demounted camera too, so that for hard traveling the camera was in the original DJI Box and this box can also storage in the Case- see photos
2) the are a lot of space : for up to 20 batteries, 3 additional Camera Lenses, spare props, charger a.s.o
3) the new big Crystal Sky monitor
4) the new Cendence Controller will fit too, and have place for two Controller
5) the case from MC Cases you can chose 2 firms for 135F9ACB-D6DD-4279-9B83-05BEDE182A92.png
C6B292C6-6000-42B7-B280-BED54022BB50.png

the Case itself , PELI(USA supplier had an stuffer Case/ more for extreme outdoor / world traveler) but heavier weight then the HPRC ( Italian supplier) which was strong enough, but little softer and deep black, that case had even rollers integrated
And had an 3 third handlebar- which make more sense than the only 2 Handlebars on the PELI version.
6) the foam of MC Cases are perfect, you had two colors and two different Foam hardness.

The price is high, but the quality what you get is outstanding- like an Ferrari- they are playing also in the high end section/

I can the MC Cases recommend, because for my 2 Mavics I use MC Cases too, 28284652-76DE-4880-B47F-44A987F1201B.png
A04EE357-02C4-4860-82B4-46A672070552.png
4D401C1B-3D67-4490-BA88-D1D5BFB36B46.png
71E19C56-0350-4911-B8BD-29E3E9D4BC27.png

1F6A015D-4D50-4103-8F76-D5BF8EDD8510.png

Have a nice day
Speddy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member