Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence Controller

Reaction score
So..... this new controller looks good- nice lcd screen for camera settings, so i expect for people using cinema and video they can now use is instead of a separate focus controller ?

Does anyone else see a need for this - I'm not sure this would be any use in inspection? Also I wonder if it is only designed for the DJI proprietary screens with Android, which would not allow third party IOS apps such as map pilot, or indeed DJI's own GS Pro. Or would the crystal screen be used purely as a video feed and use and external IOS device also?

Im looking for an excuse to upgrade to one of these, but cant find one ???

Reactions: happiicamper
You can use either Crystalsky or a normal iOS/Android tablet. There are two different device mounts available to allow you to choose.

Those who I have assisted with on pre-orders have mostly said they see great benefits in the Cendence for single operation cinema and video applications, particularly for focus control.

A handful of enterprise/industrial clients have pre-ordered them for anticipated use with the Tracktenna for their applications.

Not only designated for CrystalSky Monitors. Fully compatible with DJI GO as far as I know GS Pro as well, in addition to the anticipated DJI Pilot app for Android (supposedly similar to GS Pro for iOS) that will release soon when M200 Series units begin shipping.

Not sure I understand that question, @bluelight.support, how are you connecting an iPad without cables? You would still be connecting the iPad to the rear via USB.

The two device mounts @Mark Taylor is speaking of are the CrystalSky Mount (which has it's connection with USB built right into the mount and comes standard on the Cendence) and then the Mobile Device Holder for Cendnece which is a mount that connects to the top of the regular mount to be able to mount other mobile devices.

I got the impression there would be different adapters for different tablets, so thats not the case then - only for crystal sky? so you would need cables for iPad as per normal remote?

I got the impression there would be different adapters for different tablets, so thats not the case then - only for crystal sky? so you would need cables for iPad as per normal remote?

If you check the current details on DJI.com they appear to show that the Cendence ships with an integrated mount which directly accepts the Crystalsky devices. There is an optional mount that attaches to the integrated mount which allows for other Android or iOS devices to be held, but not connected.

So yes, if you use the optional mount you will need to use a cable to connect to Cendence.

Reactions: Advexure
So could you use the crystal sky as a direct video feed, and connect an iPad for third party mapping apps, or an Android for third party, or is it one or the other (i.e. crystal sky or external USB)

So could you use the crystal sky as a direct video feed, and connect an iPad for third party mapping apps, or an Android for third party, or is it one or the other (i.e. crystal sky or external USB)

Crystalsky has HDMI out, not HDMI in, so no, you can't just use it as a monitor only.

Just got I2 and already interested in maybe going up to this RC. Saw it and felt it at NAB but would probably like to try flying with it before spending another $1k

we know it will have a bracket / socket for the Crystal screen, do we know whether this is removable to put an iPad on ?

There is an optional mount that attaches to the built in Crystalsky mount, in place of the Crystalsky device, which allows the use of a tablet or phone.

@Mark Taylor is right on. The DJI Inspire 2 Cendence Mobile Device Holder is needed to attach mobile devices and tablets. For iPad Pro you would need an extension as I'm sure you're used to already...

View attachment 13593

Arrrgh!

The new iPad Pro 10.5" is 174.1mm wide. So the clamp being 170mm is too small. DJI should have known about this long ago for the 10" series of tablets that needed that extension clamp and updated it for this thing.

The older iPad 9.7" is 169.5mm so it barely fits if you can still find one and use it.

Arrrgh!

The new iPad Pro 10.5" is 174.1mm wide. So the clamp being 170mm is too small. DJI should have known about this long ago for the 10" series of tablets that needed that extension clamp and updated it for this thing.

The older iPad 9.7" is 169.5mm so it barely fits if you can still find one and use it.

Much agreed. Just need a DJI Remote Controller Tablet Extension (fits iPad Pro) which will do the job. Would definitely be easier if we could forgo an extension. Just another thing to lose and forget while prepping for a shoot. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela