Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence gimbal yaw fails after calibration & how to fix it

Reaction score
Received my Cendence controller today and all was well until I performed a Remote Controller Calibration.

During the calibration procedure, I noticed that it did not provide a way of calibrating the RW Control wheel but wasn't too concerned at this point.

After the calibration, I can no longer control the gimbal pan via the RW control wheel!

Can anyone else confirm if this issue is known about and when it will be fixed?

I seem to have spent £1,000 on a beta DJI product - again!

Following my initial post, Jack at HeliGuy in the UK was able to recreate the problem and provide a fix ... DGI on the other hand were totally useless, suggesting that the RW control didn’t need calibration and asking if I had tried turning the Cendence off & then on again to fix it!

The fix was to carry out the Remote Control Calibration again, remembering to move the RW control wheel to each extreme several times AFTER completing this action on both control sticks & the LW control wheel but BEFORE hitting the Finnish button.

Despite the fact that the calibration screen does not show the RW control wheel and will allow you to Finish the calibration process without moving it, it still needs to be calibrated.

I hope this helps to get someone up and running again and that DJI fix this loophole soon.

Following my initial post, Jack at HeliGuy in the UK was able to recreate the problem and provide a fix ... DGI on the other hand were totally useless, suggesting that the RW control didn’t need calibration and asking if I had tried turning the Cendence off & then on again to fix it!

The fix was to carry out the Remote Control Calibration again, remembering to move the RW control wheel to each extreme several times AFTER completing this action on both control sticks & the LW control wheel but BEFORE hitting the Finnish button.

Despite the fact that the calibration screen does not show the RW control wheel and will allow you to Finish the calibration process without moving it, it still needs to be calibrated.

I hope this helps to get someone up and running again and that DJI fix this loophole soon.

Well this also worked for me. The right camera gimbal wheel was not working after the FW update. But I would like to add that when I first received my Cendence remote; it had a stick centering error message when it was first turned on. I did the calibration from the very start before binding it to my Inspire 2. I never used the right thumb wheel during this cal. After binding it to my Inspire 2 everything worked normally! It wasn't until the FW update I had the problem.
So, it must be something in the FW that messed it up.

All the best
Rich

Well this also worked for me. The right camera gimbal wheel was not working after the FW update. But I would like to add that when I first received my Cendence remote; it had a stick centering error message when it was first turned on. I did the calibration from the very start before binding it to my Inspire 2. I never used the right thumb wheel during this cal. After binding it to my Inspire 2 everything worked normally! It wasn't until the FW update I had the problem.
So, it must be something in the FW that messed it up.

All the best
Rich

Do a stick calibration that includes moving both wheels and the focus knob, since they all require calibration. The GO4 app does not tell you to do this, but it is necessary on the Cendence

Do a stick calibration that includes moving both wheels and the focus knob, since they all require calibration. The GO4 app does not tell you to do this, but it is necessary on the Cendence

The focus knob doesn’t require calibration as it is a continuous control with no fixed end points.

The focus knob doesn’t require calibration as it is a continuous control with no fixed end points.

I used to think so as well, but when I got my Cendence I had an issue with the focus knob where it would rapidly move focus point from near infinity to close focus after having switched from AF to MF (this happened regardless of which direction I moved the knob). After a reminder from Mad_Angler at RCGroups Inspire 2 thread to move all sticks, wheels and knobs during stick calibration, the focus knob no longer exhibits this behavior but moves focus in the selected direction. While I understand your point that the knob has no fixed endpoint, how do you explain what happened after my stick calibration? Coincidence?

Thank you for sharing this information. I was about to take the unit back to the shop today thinking that something had gone wrong with it, but it's working fine. So thanks a bundle.

Reactions: MrTVR
I used to think so as well, but when I got my Cendence I had an issue with the focus knob where it would rapidly move focus point from near infinity to close focus after having switched from AF to MF (this happened regardless of which direction I moved the knob). After a reminder from Mad_Angler at RCGroups Inspire 2 thread to move all sticks, wheels and knobs during stick calibration, the focus knob no longer exhibits this behavior but moves focus in the selected direction. While I understand your point that the knob has no fixed endpoint, how do you explain what happened after my stick calibration? Coincidence?

my focus was working ok, but after reading your message I decided to do another calibration and move the focus knob. I could not see any difference with my Cendence remote afterwards.
just wanted to give my experience and not trying to argue the point

Rich

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah