Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence RC for Inspire 2

Reaction score
Website
www.airnashville.net
IMG_1535.JPG I got my Cendence RC from Ralph at Fly High USA and love it. I got the free patch antenna and it works beautifully. One thing I am having to get used to is the multitude of programmable buttons. It reminds me of my Futabas for my S1000. Unfortunately, the Cendence has a textured body so "skins" can't be printed up to label everything and it requires memorizing everything. And, with about 16 programmable buttons, thats almost more than this retired doctor can remember. This was a repeat visit to buy from Ralph and all I can say is if you're not getting your gear from him, your passing up a great value and wonderful support. Ralph is always patient and willing to help. Thanks again Ralph and Fly High USA!!!

Last edited:
Congrats for single ops Cendence is a real benefit imo.
You nailed it! It's a game changer and so much better than mucking about on a touch screen to make things happen. Having programmable button as shortcuts is huge. Also, the CrystalSky monitor is absolutely incredible. I have the "standard brightness" 7.85" version since the super bright model hasn't hit the street yet. I will say that there are a few things they could improve. Also, if you get one of these I suggest getting a good harness for it, this baby is heavy. Plus, while I've never dropped an RC if you did with this much money involved I'm sure it would be painful. I've looked around and the best harnesses appear to actually be made for saxophones. They are heavily made and the shoulder straps are padded and much wider than the supplied DJI harness. For this kind of money they could come up with a much better harness than their current offerings.

You nailed it! It's a game changer and so much better than mucking about on a touch screen to make things happen. Having programmable button as shortcuts is huge. Also, the CrystalSky monitor is absolutely incredible. I have the "standard brightness" 7.85" version since the super bright model hasn't hit the street yet. I will say that there are a few things they could improve. Also, if you get one of these I suggest getting a good harness for it, this baby is heavy. Plus, while I've never dropped an RC if you did with this much money involved I'm sure it would be painful. I've looked around and the best harnesses appear to actually be made for saxophones. They are heavily made and the shoulder straps are padded and much wider than the supplied DJI harness. For this kind of money they could come up with a much better harness than their current offerings.

I am waiting for the Cendence to be delivered. The CS Ultra was delivered this week and it was worth the wait. Thanks for the post. Not the best photo below. Rain the whole weekend.IMG_5532.jpg

Reactions: Advexure
I agree cendence is fantastic. The little things just from pushing a button makes a massive difference, and of course the gimbal control.

What I would love to see is the ability to switch to tripod mode via a button and then control tripod mode speeds via the analogue levers on the back. It seems they dont do anything at the moment on the i2. I hope ongoing firmware updates to give much more control of customising what buttons do will happen.

Reactions: Advexure and zothar
These would be my thoughts about the Cendence so far. I still love the unit but, it's not perfect:

1). The unit is heavy and a harness is needed for more than just a few minutes flying. The harness DJI provided is typical “kit” stuff; crap. I’ve ordered a saxophone harness with great padded straps for $20. They should step up their game on this. For a $1K RC they could provide a much better harness.

2). The many buttons that have only letters and are assignable are very smooth and nearly undetectable with my bare hands much less a pair fo gloves for winter flying. I’m going out to buy glue on “beads” so I can put them on the buttons so I can feel them. They could do a way better job on this. When you want to lower the landing gear assigned to C4 and you can’t even feel the button on the bottom of the RC it a problem. I don’t have this issue with any other RC I own.

3). Labels. Why can’t they provide little picture labels for the functions that could be stuck next to the buttons? My Futabas have skins printed up that clearly label everything. Why can’t they do that?

4). Glossy screen. I’m buying a non-glare screen protector to cut down to fit.

5). It’s big. I have relatively short fingers and some of the contortions I have to do to reach buttons is not a plus. I would much rather have a wider and flatter unit but, know that’s not happening anytime soon. But, you can still share that with them.

6). The battery life isn’t anything like I expected or has been claimed so far. I read in reviews they were getting around 4 hours out of the CS and Cendence batteries and I’m not anywhere close to that. I get maybe 2 hrs.

7). The patch antenna has been a real challenge so far. It seems either it’s so incredibly directional you need to aim it with cross hairs or somethings wrong. I can have the UAV directly above me and the patch pointed strait up at it from 60 feet and I’m getting “week signal” warnings.

Reactions: Advexure
IMG_1539.JPG This has been my solution to the button issue. Rubber buttons from the local hobby dump glued on with super glue. The patch antenna is another thing. I'm beginning to think DJI is giving them away for a reason. Very disappointed with the performance I've gotten out of mine...

Reactions: crashburn
Hello ... i have the new Cendence controller w/Patch Antenna as well...

by chance, have any of you found a Case fitted for the Cendence Controller w/mounted Patch Antenna and CrystalSky Ultra Screens?? ...dont wanna detach ant every time i pack up... ;)

Here’s what i need to fit in case —>>
- Crystalsky 7.85 Ultra
- Cendence RC, w/Patch Antenna
- Inspire 2
- Inspire 2 RC
- eight Intelligent Inspire2 batts
- two hubs, w/ 180W power supplies
- two crystalsky batt hubs
- four crystalsky/cendence batts
- X5S Gimbal Box

thanks for response

Hello ... i have the new Cendence controller w/Patch Antenna as well...

by chance, have any of you found a Case fitted for the Cendence Controller w/mounted Patch Antenna and CrystalSky Ultra Screens?? ...dont wanna detach ant every time i pack up... ;)

Here’s what i need to fit in case —>>
- Crystalsky 7.85 Ultra
- Cendence RC, w/Patch Antenna
- Inspire 2
- Inspire 2 RC
- eight Intelligent Inspire2 batts
- two hubs, w/ 180W power supplies
- two crystalsky batt hubs
- four crystalsky/cendence batts
- X5S Gimbal Box

thanks for response

We are a GPC case dealer and have been told they are working on a new foam kit to fit in the existing Inspire 2 Landing Mode case to allow the Cendence remotes to fit. You are asking a lot for a case and it will start to get pretty heavy. One suggestion would be to get a GPC Battery Case that fits 16 batteries and 2 charging hubs. With only 8 batteries you would still have room for your 4 Crystalsky/Cendence batteries and charging hubs. All your batteries and hubs would be together. You could then fit extra lenses in the spare spots in the GPC landing mode case. Just a thought.

Inspire 2 Battery Case by Go Professional

Well guys and girls morning, well yesterday was a very good day for me with the delivery of both my Cendence remote controller and my Chrystal Sky Ultra 7.85 inch monitor. My Chrystal Sky monitor delivered 6 months after purchase (pre-order) and the Cendence controller delivered four days after purchase from DJI, what a surprise. My Tuesday was shot waiting for delivery services to delivery both devices which required signatures. Their is a learning curve on both devices so its kind of hitting the books for a few days. I'm looking at YouTube for some Idea's on programming my controller.
Word to the wise if your on a pre-order list hang in their, its coming. My next step is getting a carry case that will handle the Cendence size, it is bigger then the controller that came with my Inspire 2. I purchased the Go Pro soft back pack case almost eight months ago which won't fit my Cendence controller. I talked to Go Pro yesterday who is in the process tooling up for the new inserts to fit the new controllers. I was told that I would only have to purchase a new insert when available.
For me the six months was well worth the wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jezza
....good show. ...and good morning.

Received similar response this week from both HPRC, and from GPC, informing that they’re working on updating outfits to the larger Cendence+Ant as well as the CrystalSky Ultra... meanwhile, i really like the Vanguard Alta 45D for controllers

View attachment 16847 I got my Cendence RC from Ralph at Fly High USA and love it. I got the free patch antenna and it works beautifully. One thing I am having to get used to is the multitude of programmable buttons. It reminds me of my Futabas for my S1000. Unfortunately, the Cendence has a textured body so "skins" can't be printed up to label everything and it requires memorizing everything. And, with about 16 programmable buttons, thats almost more than this retired doctor can remember. This was a repeat visit to buy from Ralph and all I can say is if you're not getting your gear from him, your passing up a great value and wonderful support. Ralph is always patient and willing to help. Thanks again Ralph and Fly High USA!!!
So what are the advantages to upgrade to a Cendence?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop