Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Charge batteries in the field

Reaction score
If 8-10 dronebatteries (TB50) is not sufficient and you prefer not to buy more because of the high price, the idea tells you, you can get a generator or something else that lets you charge your batteries when you do not have possibility to connect them to a power outlet.

Is there anyone who has an idea?

I have a system that will charge batteries all day long but will also cost about as much as a couple sets of batteries. I had a honda 2000 generator already so that was not a financial decision for me. The large 8D battery, the charger to charge it and the 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter cost me about $800. This system works well, when and if the battery doesn't have enough voltage to run the inverter I can charge the battery with the geneset or just use the geneset to charge batteries. Overkill, yes but it works.

IMG_1624.JPG

Honda 2000i, 1200 watt inverter, 4 power bricks and 4 charging hubs. I can fly continuously.

Yeah... there's a cheap-ish blue one. But there's a component that's marginal in it and it keeps burning up. I forget what it is, it handles the start-up surge. Some discussion of it on the I2 thread over at RCGroups.

I was replying to @Paul Nordin, his link shows chargers from Colorado Drone Chargers. I recently contacted them and they do not have the I2 chargers available yet. I am well aware of the cheap blue chargers and have burned 2 of them already.

Reactions: Eric Braun
I use a Chafon 346WH Portable UPS and 100 Watt Foldable Solar Panel Charger 18V 12V Portable Flexible SunPower Solar Panel. With full sun it keeps up all day charging Inspire-2 Batteries.

I use a Chafon 346WH Portable UPS and 100 Watt Foldable Solar Panel Charger 18V 12V Portable Flexible SunPower Solar Panel. With full sun it keeps up all day charging Inspire-2 Batteries.
How many can that setup charge at a time?

I only charge one pair at a time. It could charge 2 pairs at a time but you would loose about 100 watt hours of UPS battery charge each time.

How many pairs of batteries will it charge before needing a recharge without the solar you provide? At 346 wh and knowing the I2 chargers are 180 watts I would think if you could charge 6 batteries it would be done??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz