Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Charging Inspire 2 In A Car

A 1000 watt pure sine wave or modified sine wave inverter connected directly to the battery with the proper sized cables would work well for two I2 Inspire chargers.

Reactions: PictoGraphica
I have the 2000 watt big brother to the one I am linking and will probably buy the 1000. I will probably set it up with an aux battery in the bed of my truck so I wouldn't have to worry about the truck main battery running down. Amazon.com: Xantrex 806-1210 PROwatt 1000 SW Inverter: Xantrex: Cell Phones & Accessories
I do not have the spec sheet in front of me - would this run two separate chargers at a time safely. I bought two chargers so I can charge 4 TB50 batteries at a time. I am going to do some flying and filming in remote places in the desert and I am willing to run my truck to charge them but I wanted to cut down the run time to about 1.5 hours for my 4 sets of batteries.

Reactions: SanCap
I do not have the spec sheet in front of me - would this run two separate chargers at a time safely. I bought two chargers so I can charge 4 TB50 batteries at a time. I am going to do some flying and filming in remote places in the desert and I am willing to run my truck to charge them but I wanted to cut down the run time to about 1.5 hours for my 4 sets of batteries.

That will easily run two 180 watt Inspire 2 battery chargers. You have to keep in mind that the DJI chargers only charge 1 set of batteries at a time so it will take longer than 1.5 hours for each charger to charge 2 sets of batteries each.

Why would you buy a 1000-1200 watt inverter to charge your batteries when the DJI power supply is only capable of 130-180 watts? (Spec is: Output A, 130 watts, Output B, 180 watts).

Why would you buy a 1000-1200 watt inverter to charge your batteries when the DJI power supply is only capable of 130-180 watts? (Spec is: Output A, 130 watts, Output B, 180 watts).

Because you may want to use 2 or 3 of the 180 watt charging hubs or you may want to buy the upcoming Inspire 2, 8 battery charger that uses 800 watts. Or maybe a 3rd battery charger that will be between 500 and 1000 watts. Maybe you want to run a large screen monitor for your client? There are lots of reasons to get more than you need. Here is my new setup, I already had the 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter and cables so I just needed to buy an 8D battery.

IMG_0629.JPG

Reactions: Ftolino
So how much D.C. Current is used by a 1000 watt inverter while charging main batteries? I see a separate battery pictured, trying to determine how long you could use an inverter on the vehicle battery before it goes dead..

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Works fine for me charging using the i2 charger. If I plug in a phantom charger then it doesn't have enough power to charge both.
What are you using!
Schumacher 700W inverter. The DJI charging unit kills the inverter every time I plug it in. I even tried a 1000w inverter, the same result. But, that is via a 12v charging outlet

Schumacher 700W inverter. The DJI charging unit kills the inverter every time I plug it in. I even tried a 1000w inverter, the same result. But, that is via a 12v charging outlet
Using the outlet in my car with what I posted and no issues

So how much D.C. Current is used by a 1000 watt inverter while charging main batteries? I see a separate battery pictured, trying to determine how long you could use an inverter on the vehicle battery before it goes dead..

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I don't know how much power my 2000 watt inverter used. After charging 10 batteries (using 2 I2 chargers) my charger that is used charge my big battery (8D) said it was at 82%.

Reactions: Anonymous Pilot
Hi all - a little late to the party on this discussion.. but I am also wondering the same thing. Very frustrated at the cost of the 'official' Inspire 2 charger, seeing as the Mavic one is almost a third of the price.

I am based in the UK, and have been looking to get this inverter:
BESTEK 400W Car Charger Power Inverter DC 12V to AC: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I wanted to know whether any of you have had success using something like this, and whether the charger would be needed to draw too much power for this solution to work?

Thanks! Ben.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669