Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Christmas light with an I1?

Reaction score
Hey, I am a big inspire one enthusiast and Christmas lights enthusiast. I am thinking about putting Christmas lights up in my tree out front that is around 50 feet tall. I was wondering if anyone would have any tips on how to hang them. I already have a small quick release mechanism that I made, and a small grappling hook. I am just not sure if it is good idea, and how to do it. If anyone has any tips that be great thanks!

Reaction score
Hey, I am a big inspire one enthusiast and Christmas lights enthusiast. I am thinking about putting Christmas lights up in my tree out front that is around 50 feet tall. I was wondering if anyone would have any tips on how to hang them. I already have a small quick release mechanism that I made, and a small grappling hook. I am just not sure if it is good idea, and how to do it. If anyone has any tips that be great thanks!
An ambitious idea fraught with disaster. I would call this idea "possible" but not probable. If you're a very good pilot, your batteries are fresh, you employ a couple experienced V.O.'s (not your kids or your wife) and weather conditions are perfect, you MIGHT succeed. If I were a betting man, I would give 5:1 odds against.

The first question I would want answered; "How much does 50' of Christmas lights weigh?"

Remember that once you pass the 50% payload mark, the Inspire 1 gets harder and harder to control. The "control curve" towards 90% payload drops off very quickly.

D

Reaction score
Website
www.photoimagerie.com
I’ve often thought about this an other tasks. regardless of the possibility of getting tangled up, I’d be concerned that there could be quite a weight which means the inspire will be working hard and getting hot. How about letting the inspire position a light cord in a spiral around the tree first. Keep a good length fixed under the drone so that when you’ve positioned the cord, tie the lights to the cord, stand back always and pull. Another person can help with a long stick to stop the lights getting caught.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVMC-DW