Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cleaning aircraft after salt water humidity exposure?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm using my i1 for surf videos down in Puerto Rico, surf came up yesterday and is going off.
There has been a mist (marine layer) above the water, almost 40' high.
I've been waiting for it to burn off, but it hasn't completely.
I've flown 5 batteries, no problems, have been staying as high as possible to still use the footage (40' or so)
I've been wiping the aircraft down as much as possible, with a damp rag, fresh water.
Is there anything I can do for the motors? Any spray that's ok?
I haven't had any problems, but I can see the screw heads on the connectors on the arms are showing signs of corrosion, I plan on using ACF-50 on a rag to clean these and most of the frame.
The motors aren't showing me any signs of trouble, bearing play is fairly tight and equal on all 4, the resistance to spin by hand seem to be very similar and no noticeable changes from very early on in it's life.
It's life began over these same waves, but will less marine layer.

As usual, any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
I'm so lucky this forum exists and the members have such extensive knowledge.
I don't know what I'd do without this resource.
Craig

Craig,
I fly the coastal areas of Georgia and am concerned about corrosion as well. Received the following feedback from The Editor and Mike Mas when I asked about corrosion issues after purchasing last October.
Corrosion issues? | DJI Inspire Forum

X2 on wiping with a damp rag and drying the big parts.

I treat the hardware (and areas mentioned by The Editor) on my Inspire with aviation grade Corrosion-X using q-tips. This includes the battery connectors and battery data pins. I've used it since the mid-90's on the helicopters I operate along with other types of Mil-C-81309E Type II and Type III products. No worries and no corrosion so far after 49 flights. ACF-50 will work just as well.

Here's some more "thoughts" on using Corrosion X on RC aircraft that you might find interesting.
Corrosion X for waterproofing electronics? - RC Groups

Have some pitorro for me. I lived in PR many moons ago and had a blast!

Craig,
I fly the coastal areas of Georgia and am concerned about corrosion as well. Received the following feedback from The Editor and Mike Mas when I asked about corrosion issues after purchasing last October.
Corrosion issues? | DJI Inspire Forum

X2 on wiping with a damp rag and drying the big parts.

I treat the hardware (and areas mentioned by The Editor) on my Inspire with aviation grade Corrosion-X using q-tips. This includes the battery connectors and battery data pins. I've used it since the mid-90's on the helicopters I operate along with other types of Mil-C-81309E Type II and Type III products. No worries and no corrosion so far after 49 flights. ACF-50 will work just as well.

Here's some more "thoughts" on using Corrosion X on RC aircraft that you might find interesting.
Corrosion X for waterproofing electronics? - RC Groups

Have some pitorro for me. I lived in PR many moons ago and had a blast!
Thanks 60Mike!!
my pitorro guys is due in town today!
I'm in aguadilla if you're ever down here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi