Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Comparing to Mavic Pro, 2 questions...

Reaction score
Website
www.http
1. The Mavic Pro has what's called a 5-way switch that gives you the capability of digital zoom.
Does the Inspire 1 V 2 the ability to zoom?

2. The Mavic Pro allows you to set one of 2 buttons to focus on whatever is in the center of the monitor.
Does the Inspire 1 V 2 have that or is it unnecessary because auto-focus is always in effect?

Thank You!

Above questions assume using the X3 camera.

Reactions: 1buddyc
I had similar questions regarding the X3 before compared to the MPP camera and they told me that the X3 camera have deeper colors and overall better than the camera on the mavic pro.

1. The Mavic Pro has what's called a 5-way switch that gives you the capability of digital zoom.
Does the Inspire 1 V 2 the ability to zoom?

2. The Mavic Pro allows you to set one of 2 buttons to focus on whatever is in the center of the monitor.
Does the Inspire 1 V 2 have that or is it unnecessary because auto-focus is always in effect?

Thank You!

Above questions assume using the X3 camera.
The X3 camera is fixed focus so there is never any need to touch the screen or focus on any particular subject. It's fixed focal length and aperture at F2.8
A digital zoom is available (pinch on screen) via the app but as with all digital zooms - it's rubbish.

I had similar questions regarding the X3 before compared to the MPP camera and they told me that the X3 camera have deeper colors and overall better than the camera on the mavic pro.

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure a side by side comparison would be the best way to compare but I never had a complaint about the photos I got from my MP. It would be very nice if the X3 has deeper colors than the MP because if I'm correct the sensor is the same size.

Great comparison by TVs pro, I wonder how the x5r compares to the x4s, x5s & x7. Any idea what LUT was used for the X5.? I have abandoned dlog for cinelike, I have found dlog too much work in post. Cinelike can be very good right out of the camera with good exposure.

Last edited:
Keith do you have tracking device? I posted a thread that tackles about tracking device
I will read your thread JJ. Being austere as I am I was thinking of trying out one of the Tile devices that I use between my keys and cell phone. I'm sure there are many better ways to do it. I haven't lost it yet and I'm hoping that the Find My Drone function in DJI GO would be helpful if I ever lost it. I mostly fly around houses or real estate sites so the drone is never out of my site or very far away but I will read your post.

I will read your thread JJ. Being austere as I am I was thinking of trying out one of the Tile devices that I use between my keys and cell phone. I'm sure there are many better ways to do it. I haven't lost it yet and I'm hoping that the Find My Drone function in DJI GO would be helpful if I ever lost it. I mostly fly around houses or real estate sites so the drone is never out of my site or very far away but I will read your post.

I've heard trackimo tracking device are cool too try to review their products if you have time:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk