Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Compass Error

Reaction score
Hi fellow pilots
Have had around 150 flights with minimal problems.
I was flying at speed (unusual for me!!) and let go of the stick and the Inspire braked suddenly and went into atti mode with a compass error. After a short while I got the GPS back and continued. Three flights later the same thing happened but I was not flying as fast. Have flown in this open location dozens of times without any problems; had 17 satelites; mod values were all normal etc etc.
My question is - Could flying at speed and braking suddenly cause a compass error or should I be looking for something else that may have caused the compass error.
Cheers

do you have the latest firmware? I have had this happen to me also, but it seemed that in ATTI it had also locked up briefly.
I cant document it, only say that it has happened two or three times, always after FAST agressive flight.
I havent had it since my last firmware upgrade (not latest)
but I also have stopped flying so hard as I dont trust it

Reactions: Kevin C
do you have the latest firmware? I have had this happen to me also, but it seemed that in ATTI it had also locked up briefly.
I cant document it, only say that it has happened two or three times, always after FAST agressive flight.
I havent had it since my last firmware upgrade (not latest)
but I also have stopped flying so hard as I dont trust it

Thanks for the reply mOOse. I am running 1.04.00.10 in the Inspire and 2.4.0 DJI Go and 1.4.30 in the RC.
But I am still using IOS 8.4 in my Ipad air2 mainly because there was advice from DJI not to update to IOS 9 and I havent heard anything more since.
Like you, I still cant help think that it was something to do with agressive flying because that is the only time that it's happened.
Wondering whether to change the settings so that it doesnt brake as hard when releasing the sticks. At present it almost stops dead in the air!!!
Will wait and see if there are others that have experienced the issue.

I suspect (only suspect) that there is some coding issue, Agressive flight seems to be when the IMU is working hardest. It always happens when stopping agressive flight. Almost as if there is too much processing to be done at that moment and it just dies.

either way, if flying slower stops it, then we know a new limitation of the drone.

Reactions: Auspete

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk