Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Congratulations DJI you just killed the Phantom!!

Is the Mavic a Phantom Killer

• Yes it has killed it

Votes: 54 56.8%
  • No - The phantom is still alive and well

Votes: 41 43.2%

• Total voters
If I had the money this would be the quickest 2nd drone purchase ever, I absolutely love it. the portability, the precision flight with follow me at differing height levels, brilliant.
Just imagine getting your MTB to the top of the hill getting this out of your back pack, sending it up, setting the distance and BOOM away you go.

If I had the money this would be the quickest 2nd drone purchase ever, I absolutely love it. the portability, the precision flight with follow me at differing height levels, brilliant.
Just imagine getting your MTB to the top of the hill getting this out of your back pack, sending it up, setting the distance and BOOM away you go.
I feel the same as you. A great second drone. I love it compared to the Phantom. I've never been a big Phantom fan. This on the other hand is a no brainer as a second drone.

As a pro I can tell you a couple of these may be in my future. They would be ideal for most inspection jobs. When I can get all the operationally of the P4 and be able to carry it and enough batteries for HOURS of flying in a small back pack... Genius!

Phantom and Mavic are really intended two different markets: The current gen Phantom is for the prosumer and complements the Inspire /Matrice for professional use whereas Mavic is more of a utility/sport drone for informal personal photo and videos. While Mavic may take some of Phantom's market share I still see a long term market for Phantom. Believe it or not the majority of DJI's loyal customer base does not hike up mountains, kayak down rushing rivers or lead the active lifestyle portrayed in their promotional videos. However is you are one of those in that select group of DJI customers that does the Mavic is for you. Also IMO, consumers are not going to turn their $1000 Mavic into a FPV racing drone when similar FPV racing drones are readily available for 1/4 the price It is still way too early to know Mavic's viability as a Phantom replacement long term. There are too many unanswered questions that are already answered with the Phantom . (ie reliability of a folding quad, use of filters, wind stability, Indoor flight capabilities, SDK apps, etc..) The only thing for certain I that the Mavic will make GoPro's Karma and any subsequent competitors a tough sell.

And as always with DJI....999 USD for the Mawic for US customers and 1199 Euro (1345 USD) for us EU customers. Thats not a small price difference.
I don't see that kind of price differences from other companies on their items sold in the US vs Europe.

But surely it looks as a nice drone. But i do as i always do with DJI products, i buy them when they are available in the stores, i don't want to order and pay now and then have to wait who knows how long with all the delays etc.

But what is the advantages with the P4 compared to the Mawic??

And as always with DJI....999 USD for the Mawic for US customers and 1199 Euro (1345 USD) for us EU customers. Thats not a small price difference.
I don't see that kind of price differences from other companies on their items sold in the US vs Europe.

But surely it looks as a nice drone. But i do as i always do with DJI products, i buy them when they are available in the stores, i don't want to order and pay now and then have to wait who knows how long with all the delays etc.

In the US it's a big thing right now that the import tax is "0" in the EU it is 20%. I think that is the difference.

and in Australia....
Mavic Pro - $AUD1699.00
More Combo - $AUD2199.00

The only advantage is a larger FOV. Many more disadvantages. Except for hobby flyers, this is truly a Phantom killer.

ordered and paid for from Rise Above. If this is as good as it seems then ill be grabing another 4 for school. Ive only just bought 3 phantoms, but this platform looks great.
Gotta feel sorry for the GoPro guys. They may as well send theirs straight to land fill.

Phantom and Mavic are really intended two different markets: The current gen Phantom is for the prosumer and complements the Inspire /Matrice for professional use whereas Mavic is more of a utility/sport drone for informal personal photo and videos. While Mavic may take some of Phantom's market share I still see a long term market for Phantom. Believe it or not the majority of DJI's loyal customer base does not hike up mountains, kayak down rushing rivers or lead the active lifestyle portrayed in their promotional videos. However is you are one of those in that select group of DJI customers that does the Mavic is for you. Also IMO, consumers are not going to turn their $1000 Mavic into a FPV racing drone when similar FPV racing drones are readily available for 1/4 the price It is still way too early to know Mavic's viability as a Phantom replacement long term. There are too many unanswered questions that are already answered with the Phantom . (ie reliability of a folding quad, use of filters, wind stability, Indoor flight capabilities, SDK apps, etc..) The only thing for certain I that the Mavic will make GoPro's Karma and any subsequent competitors a tough sell.

I agree and I (sorta) feel bad for GoPro. They have been struggling for some time now and probably thought Karma was going to pick them back up. When I first saw the Karma, I thought it was cool but now it looks like a real clunker compared to the Mavic.

Once we get it into our hands and can actually fly and evaluate it, then we can post objective comments regarding the product. I ordered one on Amazon just as soon as I saw it posted yesterday afternoon.

The mavic video quality IS NOT as good at the Phantom 4 camera, which tells me it won't be as good at the Karma Drone either.

Worth mentioning that if a new go pro comes out it WILl be compatable with the Karma Drone, DJI will no doubt trying to lock you into buying a whole new system.

and in Australia....
Mavic Pro - $AUD1699.00
More Combo - $AUD2199.00

Yep - putting it pretty much up there with the P4 (which I don't have).

I def like the idea of it, especially the portability aspect of it (main selling point) and would have loved to have had something like this on my last trip to Western Australia where quick photos on the road were the name of the game. So basically I need to do another road trip to justify this ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela