Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Connects but wont take off - Urgent please

Reaction score
Hi all,
Hope you all had fun over the Christmas period. I have an issue with my Inspire 1 and it is causing majir problems as I have had problems getting off the ground on my last 5 jobs.
Everything connects fine, screen shows image and gimbal can be controlled but thats it. If you choose callibrate compass it asks if sure and then does nothing and the auto takeoff does not function. I have tried shutting down all devices and app and restarting and have tried different start orders but nothing. After shutting down bird multiple times it finally comes good and I can fly but this can take 10-15 mins and I look stupid with the client waiting.
Most jobs are open acreage properties with no interference, good satelites and I have tried with ipad on normal and flightmode( normally fly in flight mode) and it makes no noticable difference. Have also swapped out all batteries (4) in case there was an issue there but again nothing consistant.
Would appreciate any ideas or responses which will help

Thanks, yes latest app update which was installed on December 5th. That and trying my iphone 6+ were my next steps but it seemed strange that it works sometimes and it has been working fine up until a couple of weeks ago?
Will try and see what happens :)

Will it take off flying manually? 2 things you said makes me wonder a little. First, most of us who've been flying DJI stuff for a while have learned that the compass dance is not necessary and ofter complicates things. If your mod values are good no need for that constant confusion to the IMU. Second, your mention of auto takeoff. I've never used it and would never use it or auto landing function. Why would you use either?

Reactions: The Editor
I do both, but sometimes find it just as easy to use auto takeoff but always prefer to land manual. The compass dance I have been using as a check to see if it will respond, and if not I know there is no point continuing.
Yesterday had 2 jobs, both had same problems but when I took off (manually) on the second job after a few tries, it did take off but I lost connection when the craft was at about 10m and couldnt reconnect. Had to land and turn off and restart to get it going again.

I do both, but sometimes find it just as easy to use auto takeoff but always prefer to land manual. The compass dance I have been using as a check to see if it will respond, and if not I know there is no point continuing.
Yesterday had 2 jobs, both had same problems but when I took off (manually) on the second job after a few tries, it did take off but I lost connection when the craft was at about 10m and couldnt reconnect. Had to land and turn off and restart to get it going again.
OK; trying to make sure I understand this correctly. You can take off and land manually without problem right? When you say you lost the connection I assume you mean DJI GO failed but, you still had full control of the UAV via the RC right? Are you using an Android or iOS for your screen and DJI GO? I'm guessing Android since you mention thinking about trying your iPhone in the future. If I'm correct as above, I would install fresh version of DJI GO on your iPhone and try again. It sound like DJI GO is your issue and how it is or isn't running on your android device. Also, do you go into your setting and make certain that nothing is running but DJI GO before you fly?

Thanks, Yes to Manual Takeoff & Landing, yes retained control but lost vision on screen, No I am using an Ipad Air and thought I would try my Iphone as an alternative to rule out the Ipad. I always check nothing is running in background and also fly in aircraft mode to there is no possible interference.
I have just reinstalled the go app and will try again tomorrow. I appreciate your help :)

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
Thanks, Yes to Manual Takeoff & Landing, yes retained control but lost vision on screen, No I am using an Ipad Air and thought I would try my Iphone as an alternative to rule out the Ipad. I always check nothing is running in background and also fly in aircraft mode to there is no possible interference.
I have just reinstalled the go app and will try again tomorrow. I appreciate your help :)
Search the term "mod values" and learn about them if you don't already know them. In your preflight check them and if the compass is way off (like over +100) then do the compass dance and stop doing it every time you fly. It just confuses the IMU.

Thanks, I have a couple of jobs today so I will know if its the app or not. I will investigate the cable also just in case :)

Thanks for the advice, the reinstall seems to have worked so let’s hope that’s all it was

Hi all,
Hope you all had fun over the Christmas period. I have an issue with my Inspire 1 and it is causing majir problems as I have had problems getting off the ground on my last 5 jobs.
Everything connects fine, screen shows image and gimbal can be controlled but thats it. If you choose callibrate compass it asks if sure and then does nothing and the auto takeoff does not function. I have tried shutting down all devices and app and restarting and have tried different start orders but nothing. After shutting down bird multiple times it finally comes good and I can fly but this can take 10-15 mins and I look stupid with the client waiting.
Most jobs are open acreage properties with no interference, good satelites and I have tried with ipad on normal and flightmode( normally fly in flight mode) and it makes no noticable difference. Have also swapped out all batteries (4) in case there was an issue there but again nothing consistant.
Would appreciate any ideas or responses which will help

Try changing you connection cable if the problem persists.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz