Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Controller Problem

Reaction score
Hi, I recently crashed and lost my drone in steep valley around November. There was no way i could get it without repealing down a few cliffs.I was super bummed about and would be even more sad when the rain came knowing it was out there getting soaked until the new year came around and I had a spark of courage and hope to go out and find it. On January 2nd I went out and bought some gear and long story short I found it. It looked like it was in pretty bad condition but after wiping the dirt off and changing the propellers it actually flew pretty well. The thing is that my controller battery is not working now i had it in its case for a little over a month but now it needs to be plugged in to turn on. I might have left it on in the case for a month and so the battery could be fried. My question is is there any way to open the controller and swap out the battery instead of buying a new controller?

Thanks

Easy to do. Go to dbms or FPVLR sites for youtube videos. Just have to be careful when flipping open the cable lock when disconnecting the back, but if I can do it, you can! Never replaced the battery but it should be easy.

Hi, I recently crashed and lost my drone in steep valley around November. There was no way i could get it without repealing down a few cliffs.I was super bummed about and would be even more sad when the rain came knowing it was out there getting soaked until the new year came around and I had a spark of courage and hope to go out and find it. On January 2nd I went out and bought some gear and long story short I found it. It looked like it was in pretty bad condition but after wiping the dirt off and changing the propellers it actually flew pretty well. The thing is that my controller battery is not working now i had it in its case for a little over a month but now it needs to be plugged in to turn on. I might have left it on in the case for a month and so the battery could be fried. My question is is there any way to open the controller and swap out the battery instead of buying a new controller?

Thanks
As crashburn says - it's a pretty easy swap out if you are careful.

Before doing that though have you tried leaving the remote on charge for about 2 hours to see if it kicks in charging? I have had a few do this and they seem not to like over discharge down to the one flashing LED.
Give it a try and you might resuscitate it!

Thanks so much for the help guys. I will definitely give it 2 hours to charge but if it doesn't work then i will need to buy a new battery and try to swap it out.

Easy to do. Go to dbms or FPVLR sites for youtube videos. Just have to be careful when flipping open the cable lock when disconnecting the back, but if I can do it, you can! Never replaced the battery but it should be easy.
Could you link me to where you bought your battery? I cant really find it on their sites.

Could you link me to where you bought your battery? I cant really find it on their sites.
Never replaced rc battery, just took a couple of rcs apart. Dbms and FPVLR sites have videos showing how to take rc apart. Battery looks easy to replace

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry