Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cool Thing I Learned From Flight Data

Reaction score
I learned that all flights you've made are logged in the flight Center. It also contains all of your telemetry as well so you can replay your flight with all of its data. I made a video of it here:

Enjoy!

nice video.. I'm trying to resist buying this for a couple months ..your not helping! quick question in your first flight video did you have line of sight through out that flight it looks far. thanks for sharing

You missed a couple of useful things.

1. The green 'cone' coming out of the Arrow that represents the Inspire on the flight log playback is actually showing the direction the camera was pointing at any give point in time. If you had panned the camera you would have seen it move left or right etc.

2. If you take any stills during a flight, they are displayed as thumbnails along the flight route showing at which point the were taken and in which direction.

VERY COOl !!!

nice video.. I'm trying to resist buying this for a couple months ..your not helping! quick question in your first flight video did you have line of sight through out that flight it looks far. thanks for sharing

It was within line of sight of the remote, but while I was facing in the direction of the aircraft I did not have my eyes on it at all times. This takes practice. I had a rough idea of where I wanted to fly and ensured I was doing straight and consistent lines. I checked to see where all of the power lines were prior to launch. Then I used field of view to monitor my altitude with respect to the ground and look for any obstacles (I.e. Hawks, tall trees, etc.).

Since this broadcast in UHF, you want to ensure that you always have a line of sight with your aircraft. If you were going to fly field of view alone, it's best to fly high to stay clear of obstacles and ensure your aircraft is always in line of sight with the remote. Make sure you do predictable and consistent maneuvers.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
Thanks for sharing that video, great information on a feature that could be easily missed. I have the DI Pilot app on my iPad and my iPhone and used my iPhone for my maiden flight today. I used the "cloud icon" in the fight record area and was able to upload my flight data and see it on my iPad. Great stuff. Thank you for sharing this. This is where it pays to cache the map for the playback.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44