Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Corrupt DNG (x5s above 30mm)

Reaction score
So I sent my inspire 2 and x5s back to DJI to fix an odd issue. Above 30mm I get a border on my images of what looks like corrupt pixels. Better than that sometimes Photoshop cant read the images.

They replaced a motor (because of a scratch), The nose cone and shell (because of a scratch) and the main controller. It came back today. All and all about 960usd and its not fixed.

The issue doesn't happen on JPEG, only raw.

On the 45mm Olympus f1.8 images open but I get the border and on the 14-42 Olympus i get it above 30mm. The 15mm and 25mm don't do it. I am also not seeing the artifacts in video and recording raws to differnent cards or SSD/ using a different card reader or computer make no difference.

Has anyone seen this before? Thanks

Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPGBad image 1.JPG

Here are some DNG's

Reactions: rbycapri
Absurd. But yes i’ve read and seen some different ones.but reading about currupted files,its Common that only affect DNG files,jpeg are ok. This is embarassing . I will stay tuned..i see much ppl selling inspires lately..

Ok update time! DJI returned the aircraft to me after replacing the flight controller, a motor and some shell parts (because apparently small scratches affect dng corruption) for Just shy of a thousand dollars. This did not fix the issue. I sent it back, They replaced a bunch more stuff and this time call it "warranty". I was emailing with them and they declared it went through QC and was fixed! It arrived an hour ago. Still not fixed.
First repair
DJI 1.JPG

Second Repair "free"
DJI 2.JPGDJI 3.JPG

I am going to say the the camera mount vibration isolation board is bad. I had similar issues and DJI replaced that and the problem was fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice