Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crash, suspicious of battery

Reaction score
So my inspire shut down in the air and fell from 60 meters, I had almost 100 successful flights, all my 5 batteries have almost 20 flights. I have cycled them as required by the app.
I am very suspicious of a battery failure as the cause of this crash and I am wondering what their life expectancy is. I just purchased a new inspire 1 pro as a replacement while the other gets fixed but I am a little worried about using the "old" batteries. I have logged up to 200 flights on some of my other lipos!

What firmware are you at?

Did you take off with a full battery?

What was the ambient temp?

Firmware was 1.4.0.10
It was wam outside, definitely not cold.
Took off on a full Battery charged about an hour before flight.

I was doing a pull out shot, flying backwards fast while climbing slowly
At 28% left in the pack and performing a full stick maneuver you could run the risk of the pack voltage dropping to low voltage cut off.
I would not be attempting fast/aggressive style flying at those depletion levels.
What do you normally run your packs down to before you land?

I have my alarm set to 35 and normally land at 30, this time I got a little carried away.

Yeah pulling out too many amps on a 28% battery is not a good idea imho...
If not cut off by the software, you could run a lipo fire and it is not necessarily better than the bird dropping from the sky.

Ok here is the download link for the log file.

FLY352.DAT

Let me know what you find!
Juan I am not so good at checking out a .Dat file...

Can you get us the .txt file of the flight.... please check how to get it using IOS or Android, your file is actually inside the device you use for telemetry under "flight records"

Ok here is the download link for the log file.

FLY352.DAT

Let me know what you find!
Juan,
I've attached a screen shot of the flight map along with a velocity and altitude plot. I was able to generate a .csv file which shows the actual data from the flight recorder but it is too large to upload. If you PM me with your email address, I can send it to you. This .csv file shows you the actual data from the flight recorder. From my reading, your recording appears to end abruptly at altitude indicating a total power loss of some kind. I don't know if the Inspire's battery depletion algorithms provide residual power to the recorder or not even when the ESCs and motors are shut down, but it appears as though power was suddenly interrupted to the entire aircraft power bus. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 3.35.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 3.35.13 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool