Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crashed....DJI Repair Service?

Reaction score
Website
www.kvphoto.com
WELL...as they say, it's not IF you CRASH but rather WHEN!!!

I'm pretty OK with it.....I was shocked at how good this thing took a fall!!!??? It LITERALLY BOUNCED....parts went in 3 directions.

I picked up all the pieces....put it all back together...and it still works! GO FIGURE!!!! It has some dings on it....gimbal looks bent, landing gear broken....but other than that....seems ok....even flies OK!! But I sent it in to DJI for repair per the instruction to have it all checked out.

It took a week to get there...and FedX says they got it on Friday AM...but did not hear from them until Monday....and that is how it's been for 2 days....just sitting and waiting......

I've read in a few places where they sit and sit and wait and wait....but, I guess I'll just sit and wait and see what happens????

THE GOOD NEWS IS....I got the shot!!!! :D Check it out.......

Attachments

• File Sep 29, 5 31 06 PM.jpeg
    File Sep 29, 5 31 06 PM.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 87
Beautiful shot! However, did you figure out why it crashed? It's good to compare notes when something like that happens.

Sure...I know EXACTLY why it crashed....I'm a Professional Photographer, and I boast that no matter how good the image is, I can make it better in Photoshop. WELL.....I'm looking at my iPad at this image (zero Photoshop by the way)....and I'm stunned.....I'm blown away (does not hurt to know that I'm from SOUTH LOUISIANA, where it's FLAT!).....I'm so blown away that I stop looking at the Inspire1 and totally focus on the iPad......

I'm dropping down between the trees to land, doing a short film as I drop.....STILL NOT LOOKING AT THE SHIP.....

And NOW, stop the film, perfect shot! I look up at the Inspire now, and it is totally engulfed inside of a tree. AHHHHHHHHH I had literally flown it INTO a tree......but never touched a single leaf.....

Slowly I start maneuver the Inspire1 out of the tree and it clipped a leaf, and that stopped the props (new firmware "feature").....and it dropped 10 feet, bounced 3 times, and you know the rest of the story.

THANKS FOR ASKING!

Kirk Voclain
Kirk Voclain Photography

Ah, too bad! I'm always afraid that the same thing might happen to me. I've ruined plenty of shots looking back up at it, worried about where it is. Sorry for your loss but the shot is stunning.

Ah, too bad! I'm always afraid that the same thing might happen to me. I've ruined plenty of shots looking back up at it, worried about where it is. Sorry for your loss but the shot is stunning.

Thank you so much!!!

So.....I'm thinking about BACKUP.....Up until now, I have not had a good reason to have the X3 camera when the X5 comes out....now I do......BACKUP!

I have 2 controllers....one for flying and one for camera operations (when I need that).....but, it also serves as a......BACKUP!

I have multiple batteries....mostly for more flying time, but they do serve as.....BACKUP!

I have 2 battery chargers...the big one and the little one.....again, for faster charging...but it is also for.....BACKUP!!!!!

So....I have a backup for EVERYTHING.....except for the Inspire1 Body itself!!! NOW....call me crazy.....but that is what I need.....I need another body.....I posted a thread in the "FOR SALE" area....looking for someone to spit the cost with me on a new/used purchase....I'll foot the bill for the whole kit...then sell off everything but the Inspire1 Body!

With that.....I will have a backup system for everything connected with the Inspire 1.

Thoughts????

Kirk

What about just buying the I1 pro body with an x5 camera. I thought I remembered that the I1 body was sold as a separate unit by DJI, maybe they sell the I1pro body as a separate unit too. Either that or buy a used kit (I've seen several posted on this forum) and sell off the camera, case, RC, etc. It's a tough call, people usually have extra things to sell because of a crash. It's rare that you just see a AC for sale on its own. Not sure what else you can do.

What about just buying the I1 pro body with an x5 camera. I thought I remembered that the I1 body was sold as a separate unit by DJI, maybe they sell the I1pro body as a separate unit too. Either that or buy a used kit (I've seen several posted on this forum) and sell off the camera, case, RC, etc. It's a tough call, people usually have extra things to sell because of a crash. It's rare that you just see a AC for sale on its own. Not sure what else you can do.

WE MUST THINK ALIKE!!!!!

Check this out:
WANTED -- Inspire Body Only (Backup) | DJI Inspire Forum

Kirk

I have trimmed a few trees before but was lucky enough to recover and stay in flight, this was before the prop stop firmware update.
Can the prop stop feature be turned off ? as I live in a evergreen state with many trees
and think trimming some leaves would be better that watching it fall because of a twig.
Nice picture Kirk

Ki
Sure...I know EXACTLY why it crashed....I'm a Professional Photographer, and I boast that no matter how good the image is, I can make it better in Photoshop. WELL.....I'm looking at my iPad at this image (zero Photoshop by the way)....and I'm stunned.....I'm blown away (does not hurt to know that I'm from SOUTH LOUISIANA, where it's FLAT!).....I'm so blown away that I stop looking at the Inspire1 and totally focus on the iPad......

I'm dropping down between the trees to land, doing a short film as I drop.....STILL NOT LOOKING AT THE SHIP.....

And NOW, stop the film, perfect shot! I look up at the Inspire now, and it is totally engulfed inside of a tree. AHHHHHHHHH I had literally flown it INTO a tree......but never touched a single leaf.....

Slowly I start maneuver the Inspire1 out of the tree and it clipped a leaf, and that stopped the props (new firmware "feature").....and it dropped 10 feet, bounced 3 times, and you know the rest of the story.

THANKS FOR ASKING!

Kirk Voclain
Kirk Voclain Photography

Kirk

Sorry for your loss. I had a "near death experience" with my I1 running the previous firmware. I just clipped some leaves over water but not enough to stop the blades.

This is posted in the "Pilot's Lounge" at Near Death Experience | DJI Inspire Forum

Is it likely that the latest firmware update would have resulted in a different outcome? Or was the impact of the leaves insufficient?

Regards

THANKS FOR ASKING!

Kirk Voclain
Kirk Voclain Photography
That stoppage of the props.
Not cool DJI
I1 rated PG

Slowly I start maneuver the Inspire1 out of the tree and it clipped a leaf, and that stopped the props (new firmware "feature").....

I got my inspire a few days ago but unfortunately is raining since than :((

Please can you tell me if it only it a leaf or a tree branch ? In the past I remember I also hit like 3 - 4 times some tree leafs and very small branches (3mm - 5mm diameter) but my Naza never stopped, is the inspire ESC or controller that sensitive to notice when the props touch something ? Is this by default, can it be changed in DJI go app?

I think I read all the pages in the manual but didn't noticed any mention about motors stopping when props hit anything, did I missed it ?

Reactions: Rafa

Please can you tell me if it only it a leaf or a tree branch ? In the past I remember I also hit like 3 - 4 times some tree leafs and very small branches (3mm - 5mm diameter) but my Naza never stopped, is the inspire ESC or controller that sensitive to notice when the props touch something ? Is this by default, can it be changed in DJI go app?

I think I read all the pages in the manual but didn't noticed any mention about motors stopping when props hit anything, did I missed it ?
New updates

As been said...it's a new update...and I'm not sure how much pressure it takes....but that sucked STOPPED.....and it was not hitting a bunch of leaves and sticks.....

Kirk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan