Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

crashed phantom 3

Reaction score
today i was trying to fly my phantom 3 advanced in my backyard , i dont know what happened but when it went up it started doing its own thing , it was unstable and wouldn't hold its position, kept dropping altitude then i couldnt even land it because it was swaying everywhere, ended up crashing while trying to land into a brick wall and the gimbal fell apart, does anyone know why this would happen and how much does it cost to repair the gimbal ?

today i was trying to fly my phantom 3 advanced in my backyard , i dont know what happened but when it went up it started doing its own thing , it was unstable and wouldn't hold its position, kept dropping altitude then i couldnt even land it because it was swaying everywhere, ended up crashing while trying to land into a brick wall and the gimbal fell apart, does anyone know why this would happen and how much does it cost to repair the gimbal ?

I don't know, but this is an Inspire forum so if you try the P3 forum you might get some answers :)

http://www.phantompilots.com/forums/phantom-3-discussion.81/

Welcome to the Inspire 1 pilots forum by the way :p

****. You saved me the time to post my...

8b25d7_fea55e98ec5646fdac281fdeb5331018.gif

Last edited:
All welcome [emoji317]
Thanks sirnikolas:p yep still take my Phantom out every now & then. That was my 1st baby & what got me hooked on this hobby:D

Yep new boy with me I1, love it to bits but still learning all about it.

One day I'll take all the cellophane off it & fly it...... Just like looking at it sitting there in it nice new case:D only playing.....;)

It's been in the air a few times now, brilliant.... That's all I can say about it;)

First check the permanent magnet, it is a black ring that the the armature fits into, if it is cracked and chipped you are screwed. If not the camera and gimbal is just a press fit, make sure where to armature is going into the housing is clean and make sure your ribbon cable isn't damaged or it will need to be replaced. Press them together as they are a press fit and check that there is no wobble or play in the gimbal unit as sometime the hole the shaft goes through gets wobbled out. If so use the red locktite or if you can get it their green super strong industrial stuff. Now when you power it up the camera may not be aligned right or it just sits and hunts for the right position. Then you need to adjust the alignment of the shaft. It is easy to do the phantom 2 vision + is similar.

I know this is the Inspire 1 thread but many of us have had other phantom and if we can help, what harm does it do.

We try and keep the Inspire forum for the Inspire and the Phantom forums for the Phantoms!
Otherwise we may as well call it 'DJI Pilots forum' and it would become unmanageable.
The same way DJI segregate their product communities we do the same, its tough enough moderating an Inspire only forum without a 'free for all' community.
Sorry, if that sounds harsh but we need to keep them separate to keep up the standard of 'hopefully' good advice which members come here to get.

No offence meant by those comments by the way. :)

Ok I deleted my post.
I should have just told him to do searches on Youtube. There usually will be a video on any subject and know matter what happened with someone's inspire 1 or Phantom some one probably had the same thing happen and there are technician that post videos of repairs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool