Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Creating a licensing agreement for aerial images

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently been contacted by a website and they want to license one of my aerial images. They agreed to the price I told them and I need to draw up a licensing agreement and proof that they have rights to the picture for one year. How do I draw that up? Thanks

You may be at a "business" disadvantage if you haven't figured out how to license your material. There are at least 3 that I can think off of the top of my head and they are: Royalty Free License, Rights-Managed License and Flat Fee License.

Google those three and you'll be well on your way but it sounds like you'll be most interested in a rights-managed or flat fee license.

You may be at a "business" disadvantage if you haven't figured out how to license your material. There are at least 3 that I can think off of the top of my head and they are: Royalty Free License, Rights-Managed License and Flat Fee License.

Google those three and you'll be well on your way but it sounds like you'll be most interested in a rights-managed or flat fee license.
Ok awesome, thanks for the licensing suggestions. I have never licensed my images before, so this is new ground for me.

I usually use a time limited rights limited license in exchange for a given fee.. Nothing fancy, can be as simple as a clause on your invoice stating the terms. For example, "Right to Use license for xxxx website for a two (2) year period. This RTU is limited to use on website, promotional materials and advertising for the stated period. All other uses subject to additional licensing fees".

You want to state the things they can do and exclude the others. They may ask you to state that you are the creator of the images, but start small first.

Is license owned by them? If it is so then its important to hire a lawyer and clear all your doubts to make sure that you are compensated well. Many lawyer and article source can help a lot with this kind of issues.

typically no, but it could if that was the license. It depends on the copyright laws where you live. A straightforward license would not need a lawyer, but it never hurts to consult one when starting out. You want a media/ip licensing/copyright lawyer to get the best advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah