Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Creating new waypoint mission in Autopilot

Reaction score
I must be stupid as I can't seem to find the way to create a new waypoint mission within Autopilot. I have one mission already created, but I can't see how to start a new one. There's an option to "load" a mission and another to "save" a mission and a third to "restore defaults", but no where do I see "create" or "start" a new mission.

Brian

Well I found one way to create a new mission -- shutdown the iPad, restart the iPad, then you can start adding waypoints to the blank map.

Can it be that in order to start a new mission you must cycle power to the device to clear out the map?

Brian

Did you try maybe switching from Waypoints to another application like Point of Interest, and then back to Waypoints to see if it would reset?

Another way
After the the first waypoint mission has been saved you can: tap and hold on the " Waypoint Referance" icon then choose " Options " then choose " Delete all Waypoints ". Now you will have a fresh map to create a new mission.

I want to like this program, but it's like they're actually trying to make it difficult! I've been in the tech industry a long time and can usually find my way around software but I'm convinced the folks behind it have done little or no real world testing with actual users and they don't see the problems because they know it works. If only they could think like a new user to see how cumbersome and un-intuitive this app is...

They didn't even think about how to start a new mission. I don't think I can ever remember a piece of software that didn't have some form of "File/New" or in this case "Mission/New" -- stunning fail!

Brian

Restore Defaults = Create New

While "restore defaults" will allow you to create a new mission it also changes settings you've made back to default and is therefore not the way to do it. Crashnot in post #4 has, I think, the best work around at this time, but since I no longer use this kludge of a program I can't say if they've improved things. Sadly, I think not!

Brian

Another way of dong this is, open the app an choose waypoint from the start screen under 'combined flight control'. Fresh clean map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another way of dong this is, open the app an choose waypoint from the start screen under 'combined flight control'. Fresh clean map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, so they have half a dozen ways to create a new mission and none of them clearly state it or use the standard "New" or "Create".

Brian

No one piece of software is for everyone and I'm sure if you search hard enough, anyone can find problems with any software.

Good luck with everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb