Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky Performance w/ DJIGo & Litchi

Reaction score
I am experiencing lag and choppy performance withthe DJIGo app. Now it is not significant, but one surprising thing is that Litchi runs much smoother. The video lag is, more or less, gone. But with DJIGo there is blur and choppy video.

I did a side by side comparison with the Crystal Sky 5", on the master RC and my Note 8 on the slave RC and hands down the Note 8 out-performed the Crysta Sky. Smoother, clearer video.

Now I have searched multiple forums, and have tried force stopping other apps, removing Litchi and Amazon store to see if DJIGo would run smoother, but it appears that it is simply not optimized or the tech is now too old to run the app smoothly. I can get the same performance out of my Note 3 or Fire HD.

Any suggestions?

Any luck in fixing this issue?

I'm having the same problem and I'm considering selling my CS as it is effectively useless to me.

Nope, no responses.

Hi mate,

I’ve been playing about and googling for a few hours today.. I’ve 75% sorted out the problem.

The semi-solution is to use the DJI Pilot app. Go into settings > launcher settings > change DJI GO 4 to DJI Pilot.

The feed is not laggy in there, unfortunately though, you lose a lot of functions.

Yeah, but I can do that with the Litchi app, which does supply the functionality missing in the DJI Pilot app.

I expected more from a dedicated monitor.

Yeah, but I can do that with the Litchi app, which does supply the functionality missing in the DJI Pilot app.

I expected more from a dedicated monitor.

How are you finding Lithin on CS? Mine got hit pretty quick using it.

Either way, I’m selling mine and getting an iPad Mini 4..

DJI are a joke and clearly have no respect for their customers.

There are no solutions to this problem short of DJI fixing the Crystalsky Go app.

Lag on the Crystalsky has been a problem for quite a while with both my Phantom 3 Pro and my Inspire 1 v2 when using the Go app.

There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using the Go4 app with my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro.
There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using Litchi with my Phantom 3 Pro and Inspire 1.
There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using the Go app on my iPad Mini 4 with the Phantom 3 Pro and Inspire 1.

All firmwares and all apps are on latest versions on all devices.

This is a problem with the current version of the Crystalsky Go app.

There are no solutions to this problem short of DJI fixing the Crystalsky Go app.

Lag on the Crystalsky has been a problem for quite a while with both my Phantom 3 Pro and my Inspire 1 v2 when using the Go app.

There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using the Go4 app with my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro.
There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using Litchi with my Phantom 3 Pro and Inspire 1.
There is no lag on the Crystalsky when using the Go app on my iPad Mini 4 with the Phantom 3 Pro and Inspire 1.

All firmwares and all apps are on latest versions on all devices.

This is a problem with the current version of the Crystalsky Go app.

So right after writing the above post I went into the Crystalsky Go app and checked one more time for an update. And to my surprise there was one — 3.1.50.
I installed it not expecting it to fix the lag issue. But when I took it out for a quick front yard test flight there was little to no lag. I will need to do more testing during the day but I am hopeful!

Well since there hasn't been an update to Crystal Sky 5" as as I've owned it, Tap Fly doesn't work on the 5" and they just came out with the all in one controller I doubt there will be any updates coming to Crystal Sky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah