Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky Screen, any improvement?

Reaction score
I recently bought an Inspire 2 with standard controller and am using a 9.7 ipad. I would like a brighter screen on sunny days.
Looking at the larger DJI Crystal Sky Ultra all I can see are reports of it failing and faulty units being returned.These seem to date back to 2017 and 2018.
Does any one know if DJI have solved the shortcomings of this monitor? Thanks Ian

I believe that they have sorted the problem with the back light but the Go4 app still remains buggy & prone to random errors & crashes.

Thanks for that. My ipad has been 100% during the 7 or 8 flights so far, just a bit dim even with hood. I have a Phantom 4 pro plus which has a DJI screen, that has crashed a couple of times.

Hi all,
My 7.85-inch Ultra Brightness Monitor also keeps shutting down while in flight and now my backlight crashed and unable to see the screen at all. I went onto DJI Forum and had been advised send it back to DJI for repair. I sent CrystalSky to Holland from UK to get quote for repair and DJI came back to me saying it will provide you with the free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days, then the product will be sent back to you. Well you cannot argue with that, “One happy chappy”. Just a note to anyone. I bought this crystalsky direct from DJI and even theo it was out of warranty DJI repaired it for me as it may been fault with Circuit board. Anyone bought 1 second hand may not be able to get it repaired for free. Just guessing.
I hope this info helps anyone with their CrystalSky issues.

I have used the large Ultrabright for about a year and a half with my i2, p4p and mp. I use it with both DJIGo4 and with Litchi. Occasionally (20% of the startups) it has trouble communicating with the controller, but that is solved by restarting aircraft, monitor or controller. Not sure why that is, but once connection is established, I have no problems. I did have Litchi crash once, and I noticed that Go4 was open in the background accidentally, so I double check that now.
I love the monitor, because my eyes are highly light sensitive, and i can use my sunglasses and see without any issues at all. Bought several hoods for my Ipad before I got the Crystal Sky, never use them now.
Let me add, this is with hundreds flights, daily professional use.

I have the 7.85” UB, no problems with mine yet. I start the CS first,then RC, followed by AC. No problems with cs or app.

Reactions: Bruce058
I have used the large Ultrabright for about a year and a half with my i2, p4p and mp. I use it with both DJIGo4 and with Litchi.

How did you go about installing Litchi on the CrystalSky without the google play store?

On the CS you would get that from the Amazon Store. And yes you have to pay ( separate ) for it for the Amazon , iOs and Google if using on all 3 things.

I had my CS 7.85 Ultra for 15 months and a hundred flights without problem. I took it out on a hot day and 20 min into my flight the backlight blew. Sent it to DJI and they want $540 to repair. I mentioned that these were prone to failure when I bought mine, but they just said it was out of warranty. Now I’m stuck. I asked for it back without repair and I’ll see if I can fix it.

Mine is 3 months old and does all of the bad things mentioned but seems to recover with IT BS reboot, etc One of the new Samsung smartphones close in NITS to UB I read!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin