Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystalsky doubts

Reaction score
I have been looking at obtaining a Crystalsky monitor but wish to ask why the 7.65 is no longer available and only the 5.5. Is there a major problem with this. Also is the screen touch sensitive? How tough is it? And should it crack is it still usable and if not can a screen be replaced? Thanks in anticipation

I have been looking at obtaining a Crystalsky monitor but wish to ask why the 7.65 is no longer available and only the 5.5. Is there a major problem with this. Also is the screen touch sensitive? How tough is it? And should it crack is it still usable and if not can a screen be replaced? Thanks in anticipation
I assume you mean the 7.85” as DJI never manufactured a 7.65”
Secondly, you do not say whether you mean the standard or ultra bright model.
Thirdly, you do not say where on planet Earth you are but B&H in the States is expecting new stock of the CS 7.85” High Brightness on Sept 16th

The user manual downloadable from the DJI website will answer your questions.....(other than whether the screen being replaceable?!)

I assume you mean the 7.85” as DJI never manufactured a 7.65”
Secondly, you do not say whether you mean the standard or ultra bright model.
Thirdly, you do not say where on planet Earth you are but B&H in the States is expecting new stock of the CS 7.85” High Brightness on Sept 16th

The user manual downloadable from the DJI website will answer your questions.....(other than whether the screen being replaceable?!)

Thanks for the replys. I am located in the UK, you are right it is the 7.85 I was questioning. It matters not if it was the bright or ultra bright. As a maintenance issue from experience a normal iPad with a digitised screen if cracked will no longer work properly. I was asking if the crystalsky irrespective of size or type if cracked can the screen be replaced at a reasonable cost and also is it any tougher than a normal iPad. Finally why certainly in the UK the 7.85 is rarer than hens teeth.

Thanks for the replys. I am located in the UK, you are right it is the 7.85 I was questioning. It matters not if it was the bright or ultra bright. As a maintenance issue from experience a normal iPad with a digitised screen if cracked will no longer work properly. I was asking if the crystalsky irrespective of size or type if cracked can the screen be replaced at a reasonable cost and also is it any tougher than a normal iPad. Finally why certainly in the UK the 7.85 is rarer than hens teeth.
UK stockist - due in 5 days.
Probably worth giving them a call

You will never want to fly again without CS. Both monitors are rugged and the touch screen is as good or better than any current device imo. The detail and brightness are unmatched by comparable options. Again imo

There is nothing reasonable about the Crystal Sky or it's repair cycle and cost.

Yes, as another said: once you fly with one you will never go back... it is remarkably bright, but with it comes a host of problems... namely burn out of the video card which I had on my UB... 6 weeks after the warranty subsided... definitely worth getting dji care (if they offer it on this...) had to have a 5" rushed to me for a back up while they repaired my 7.85 UB which at first quoted me 680 + - to repair (hell a new one is now 900 + - ... after bitching to them about loyalty / amount of thousands of dollars spent with DJI / defending their repair service countless times (which I do do, as my repair experience has been stellar for my drones)... they accommodated me 160 - better than nothing I suppose.

My only complaint with DJI has centered around the CS... these for the most part are intended for commercial operations (or those with lots of disposable income) for me it is imperative that I can see what I am shooting... and the cs does this superbly even in bright sunlight... but it heats up to such a degree that after two batteries (of flight, on the drone) I have to let the CS cool down as it is almost too hot to hold comfortably and I fear another burn out. i was thinking of strapping a cool gel pack to the back to help with cooling... anyone with tech-knowledge have an opinion on this... a clever fellow could 3d print a holder to fit over the cs back and hold a gel pack... I'd pay for it...

Anyway, with the burn out issue (all over the www) AND the lack of 3rd party ability to load aps we get no love...
Yes I know you can now load from the Amazon store... that is how I got Litchi (an indispensable program for my business) on it.
It's an android device, why in hecks name can't you link up with the google play store... I'm not tech savvy enough to know...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions