Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CrystalSky not saving custom button settings

Reaction score
When using the CrystalSky monitor with my Inspire 2 & Cendence controller I get an error message when I try to save the custom button configuration. (It works fine running Go4 on an iPad-pro so it could be either a CrystalSky or Android issue?)

The message says to check App storage permissions but as far as I can see the Go4 app already has permission to read & write to storage and this function did work a few weeks ago.

This leaves me needing to setup the custom buttons every time I fly ... most annoying!

Am I the only one with this problem?

Last edited:
When using the CrystalSky monitor with my Inspire 2 & Cendence controller I get an error message when I try to save the custom button configuration. (It works fine running Go4 on an iPad-pro so it could be either a CrystalSky or Android issue?)

The message says to check App storage permissions but as far as I can see the Go4 app already has permission to read & write to storage and this function did work a few weeks ago.

This leaves me needing to setup the custom buttons every time I fly ... most annoying!

Am I the only one with this problem?

I’m not seeing this, are you on latest firmware with CrystalSky and Cendence ?

If you are I would do a factory reset on the CrystalSky including clicking clearing the SD card option then it should be fine.

I have found CS does need a factory reset after the update some times.

Latest firmware on both.

Did the factory reset and it worked!

Thank you for the tip, I guess this is the brave new world of Android after my comfy Apple land?

I’m not seeing this, are you on latest firmware with CrystalSky and Cendence ?

If you are I would do a factory reset on the CrystalSky including clicking clearing the SD card option then it should be fine.

I have found CS does need a factory reset after the update some times.

The factory reset trick only seems to work for the first time you save the config. After that it reverts to giving the same ‘check privileges’ error message.

I have also noticed that other settings (such at ticking the ‘do not show this message again’ box on the notice to make sure the gimbal is balanced properly) are not being remembered resulting in various other settings needing to be setup every time I restart the Crystal Sky.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Mr TVR, I received the same set up last week and like you I spent so much time saving settings and then to loose everything or it did save but I had I realised that I had no control over the wheels that operate the camera XY.
The Cendence has its issues that hopefully will get resolved. my Cendence came with a patch antenna that I removed as this just did not provide any advantage in the UK 500 VLOS rule.

Again the Sky Pixel monitor has laggy issues, was a nightmare to register too! hope they sort this out soon.

I did find after doing some factory resets on both devices it did eventually save the settings and I have left it for the time being as its doing its job. DJI don't even supply any instructions so you have to rely on youtube tutorials that should not be the case. I will be interested if you have any other issues.

Hi, I have multiple problems with the cedence, one of which is the permissions.

Attachments

• IMG_8581.JPG
    IMG_8581.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 18
Sorry guys I’m not seeing this and was not on that release either so can’t comment but am on latter fw now so all I can say is hopefully this is fixed in the next release.

Reactions: Wintek
I have exactly the same issue and same message regarding the storage permission. I lost my profile a few times but now for unknown reason it seems to remember it and my profile gets applied when I turn the Cendence and CS on. I am on 030 Cendence FW, hopefully these issues get resolved in the next FW release.

Last edited:
Yep, i tried today and change the buttons customization and Cendence did not save the changes i did, not either when i tried to name the Cendence. Any suggestion besides reset ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk