Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Custom Made Tripod Mount for Inspire 2

Reaction score
Here's a new product that enables you to mount your Inspire 2 on a tripod to use it as a ground camera.
x1.jpg
Painstakingly Hand Crafted of Premium Hardwood and finished with 3 coats of Krylon Clearcoat, steel-wooled smooth between coats. Two threaded sockets to accept standard 1/4-20 and Video tripods using 3/8-16 threads.
Lined with 1/4" thick felt. Stainless screws and stout rubber strap. Machine screws secured with Locktite 242.
x2.jpg x3.jpg x4.jpg x5.jpg x6.jpg x7.jpg x8.jpg x9.jpg
Available in 5 different species of Exotic Hardwoods.

From $70.00 USD plus shipping.
Paypal only, so we are both protected.
To order send an email to: [email protected]

Needless to say, the Inspire 2, the X5s, QR shoe, nor the Tripod in the pictures are included.

Posted with permission from forum Moderators.

Last edited:
Thats a very creative idea. Besides using it on a tripod I could see it being used to get your copter off the ground if you are working on the beach to avoid having sand kicked onto it or at places where you just don't have the table top space to pick it up off the ground.

“Thanks a lot AeroMirage! It arrived today and it's also my Birthday!!
The bracket is 100% perfect. Thanks a lot, and it's spot on.
Now I can use the Inspire 2 on tripods for ground work.
You can quote me as a professional if you like.
I'll do a little video of it in a few days."

"It's bang on.” …
user of a Poplar Version

Last edited:
Great idea, I'm experiencing problems to get the landing gear up without flying to get a free field of view . Can anybody tell me how to do this? Thanks for your help.

Now making a basic version.
This has a single 1/4-20 insert to mount to standard tripod.
Built of Poplar and painted Gloss Black.
$75 plus shipping.
Drop me a line at [email protected] to order.

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 55
  • x2a.jpg
    x2a.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • x3.jpg
    x3.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 54
  • y4.jpg
    y4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
I just wanted to add here as a testimonial. I purchased a mount and was very impressed. Center of gravity is very well placed and quality is superb. Thanks a ton AeroMirage!

I just wanted to add here as a testimonial. I purchased a mount and was very impressed. Center of gravity is very well placed and quality is superb. Thanks a ton AeroMirage!
Thank you!!
:cool:
I see I now have some 3D printed competition......
:D

Ya man sorry I was late to post. I thought I saw composite version but didn't bother looking. You version works great. It saved me on a couple jobs when I didn't have my camera and needed outside shots. Hope you are able to stay competitive cause I know printing can be much more economical if correctly engineered. Regardless, I appreciate your work into this.

Ya man sorry I was late to post. I thought I saw composite version but didn't bother looking. You version works great. It saved me on a couple jobs when I didn't have my camera and needed outside shots. Hope you are able to stay competitive cause I know printing can be much more economical if correctly engineered. Regardless, I appreciate your work into this.
Thanks again for the kind compliments!
I am not trying to compete with anyone. I make these because I enjoy working with wood and my hands. I don't make these to sell because I need to. I sell 4-6 of these a month and that's fine with me.
May I quote you in my ad? I will not use your name.

Wanted to see if you're still making these. Would enjoy working with one on a project I'm planning.

Yes, still making them.
Presently, I have the following completed and ready to ship.
Poplar, Oak, Bubinga and now making them from HDPE better known as starboard.
Choice of Beige or Brown felt. All have 1/4" and 3/8" inserts.
Your choice, $90 plus shipping. Let me know your Zip code and I can figure the shipping.

bubinga.jpg hdpe.jpg oak.jpg poplar.jpg z_taps.JPG

Wanted to see if you're still making these. Would enjoy working with one on a project I'm planning.
Can't recommend these enough. Great for exterior. I2 sensor still too small for interior low light conditions IMO. At least from a professional standpoint. Also make sure you use a sturdy tri-pod. The I2 is pretty heavy w/batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool