Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DBS Itelite Antenna, Various Antenna Options

Reaction score
Last night I updated my master remote and removed the factory antennas. I now have the SMA connectors which allows for various antenna options. I did splurge and bought the DBS Itelite antenna. I had one for my phantom 2 V+ and it worked great. I did a small test run tonight and the outcome was what i thought it would be. Went 1 mile with out breaking a sweat. I know some have got 1 mile plus with factory, but I really wanted it for punching through trees and the possibility of going behinds buildings and such. Great antenna for the money, and no I am not a paid sponsor. Just another again satisfied customer.

Attachments

• updated remote.JPG
    updated remote.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 221
ive gone 2 miles easy at night stock with line of sight, nothing blocking signal. signal does transmit better at night as well. A little more punch through obstacle power would be very nice as trees/buildings can reduce that range pretty quick, id like to see some testing results when using stock and this new antenna from the same place through trees to see what difference there is, if any.

Attachments

• IMG_0945.JPG
    IMG_0945.JPG
    445.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    986.8 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: EMCSQUAR
thats with line of sight im assuming? I have no doubt they are better but id like to see how much better punch through ability. such as if you were flying lower behind trees that blocked line of sight, which i find cut the signal very drastically. Granted at a 40$ investment even if there isnt much improvement you arent out a lot of cash, but still, moneys tight these days, lol

I don't have videos of flying around the neighborhood, but they punch trough the trees allot better, I see huge improvement over stock antennas.
I am happy with this upgrade.

i dont really need a video, i hate watching videos longer than 30 seconds anyway in most cases to be honest. I was just looking for some distance info like with stock it cuts out at 1/4 mile behind thick tree rows and with upgrade it goes a mile easy or whatever type comparison. ill believe you without video proof but if the increase is only 100-200 feet its not really worth my time, money and effort to swap them out if you know what i mean.

i dont really need a video, i hate watching videos longer than 30 seconds anyway in most cases to be honest. I was just looking for some distance info like with stock it cuts out at 1/4 mile behind thick tree rows and with upgrade it goes a mile easy or whatever type comparison. ill believe you without video proof but if the increase is only 100-200 feet its not really worth my time, money and effort to swap them out if you know what i mean.

sounds like you have ADD. Is your life so important that you can't share a minute with someone else?

Reactions: sirnikolas
sounds like you have ADD. Is your life so important that you can't share a minute with someone else?
Didnt mean to offend you. I probably do have ADD, and i can spare 30 seconds or a minute but beyond that it better be **** riveting if im gonna stick it out, time is money! Thats not to say i never watch longer videos, sometimes i do depending on if its something that interests me but i certainly dont sit at the computer watching random youtube videos all day. 100 hours of video are uploaded to youtube every minute, you cant possibly watch even a fraction of it in your lifetime and frankly a very large percentage of it isnt worth watching anyway.

What i really hate are instructional videos, more often than not they are longer than need be and impossible to fast forward to the bit you care about as there is no table of contents so you never know where to jump too. I much prefer written instructions, much faster to read and much easier to find the important part rather than sit through some random yahoos pointless ramblings for 10 minutes to find the 30 seconds of pertinent info youre seeking if you know what i mean.

Se these are apparently pretty directional antennas. If you point them away from the aircraft do you lose signal? Do you have your "lost connection" setting at RTH or hover? Just curious as it would be nice to have a more solid signal to override interference also, not just long range.

look up specs. they are 60 degree directional, so pretty if the drone somewhere in front of you signal is good. once it gets farther than 2 miles, than you kind of want to be pointing at it plus minus, but anywhere with in a mile as long as it's not on your side and behind you, you are covered.

I don't have to convinced anyone getting these antennas or any other antennas, why I posted this is to say, hey, I got these and they work great, I love it, and thats about it.
Get them, try something else like I did, it's not a big loss, few $ here and there. Antennas are cheap.
Do your own testing, directional will work good for some, less for others.
One big benefit of directional is direction of signal pickup as transmit, if you are in city area with lots of WiFi "noise", directional is not listening so much from behind or on the sides, so you are catching less of that in your radio with less interference, that is another benefit of directionals, but again, everyone has different agendas...

How you enjoy.

Last edited:
I have the dbs panel on my inspire. Today I was almost 3000' out at 200'. I dropped down behind the trees and a building to 50' the signal stayed full

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I was only looking for a first hand comparison on how much farther measurable distance was gained over the stock antennas when flying behind trees/buildings. Clear line of sight is a definite improvement it seems but im no signal expert and dont know if that range increase stays constant through objects like trees that are notorious for dampening the signal or if its blocked about the same. I wasnt trying to offend you or get you to go spend 4 hours testing it to find the exact distance to the inch or anything :D, just thought you might have done some testing behind trees with both antennas and could share any rough estimate of the differences you noticed such as 20 feet or 1000 feet or whatever like you did with the long distance unobstructed flight in your video. No worries.

no problem.
upgrades will improve your obstructed distance, but no one can tell by how much. It all depends what is obstructing, how thing are the trees, how high is your drone, what is behind you, like if you have house it will reflect some of the signal different directions and improve your omni signal. many things can come in effect breaking thought the obstruction, so its hard to tell you by how much you will improve, one thing for sure you will. Just got for it...

Reactions: SultanGris
Last night I updated my master remote and removed the factory antennas. I now have the SMA connectors which allows for various antenna options. I did splurge and bought the DBS Itelite antenna. I had one for my phantom 2 V+ and it worked great. I did a small test run tonight and the outcome was what i thought it would be. Went 1 mile with out breaking a sweat. I know some have got 1 mile plus with factory, but I really wanted it for punching through trees and the possibility of going behinds buildings and such. Great antenna for the money, and no I am not a paid sponsor. Just another again satisfied customer.
Is there instructional video out there to show how to remove the stock antennae to add alternate ones?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla